help needed

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
thermotwinwindows

#16 Post by thermotwinwindows »

You started an all-out bidding war now. I'm not partial. Sir, you do get what you pay for. If you think Window World's windows are comparable to Sears then I say get them. They're not I'm sure. I'm not trashing them, They have good products too. They are just not offering you their top-of-the-line for that price. Please do a lot of reasearch before choosing a company or a window line. Handyman seems pretty schooled, I would listen to him on a lot of his points. In the end it's your decision. You're the one stuck with the product after the sale & install. Their are tons and tons of window companies and installers out there. If I where buying new windows, I would look at every-single-one available to me.

HipKat

#17 Post by HipKat »

You'd look at ALL of them?? Here in Buffalo, there are 332 different Windows you can buy. How long do you think it would take to look at ALL of them??? 96 different Vinyl windows. How much time do you want to spend??

handyman19619

#18 Post by handyman19619 »

Hip there are 332 different companies selling 10 to 15 different manufacturers windows for all different prices .
Heck some customers get pitched back to back with the same windows (ex. sears vs. simonton independent dealer = half of sears bid same window)
Are you going to threaten me again hip for telling the truth?
By the way isnt vinyl krafts logo(the seal ) awfully close to the old Thermal Seal logo?

thermotwinwindows

#19 Post by thermotwinwindows »

Hip, If you're going to buy something and you're going to be stuck with it, You know you have to sign a contract. You better do the research. Spending a month or two looking at all the windows in Buffalo would be worth it to know I will be getting the best for my money (maybe I should come work there since business is booming like you say). You should do that with any product not just windows! Just because it's too much trouble for you doesn't mean that somebody else can afford to be as foolish.

Don't give me advice because I'm not asking for any. This gentleman asked for help and I am helping him. If you think it's such a terrible idea to know what products and services are available in your area and for how much, tell this person. To aswer your rude questions, yes I would, I dont care how long it took, and I think you would be retarded not to.

HipKat

#20 Post by HipKat »

Maybe you should come here. Buffalo has the oldest housing stock inthe country, the highest taxed county in the country, the highest fuel taxes, and is considered by many companies to be the hottest market in the country for new windows.
I'm not disagreeing with you, as far as making an educated decision, all I'm saying is that you don't drive every car on the lot, right??
There abivioulsy glaring differences in alot of windows, and the first thing you do is eliminate the one's that have the things you're not looking for, right?? Like aluminum spacers, or clear glass, or mechanical seams, etc....

Or am I mistaken, asnd as far as Handyman, I stopped replying to your posts a long time ago, other than when you refer to me directly, which you can stop doing any time now...

thermotwinwindows

#21 Post by thermotwinwindows »

You're absolutely right. Figure out what you want and then go after that. That is a good way to narrow it down a bit. I agree.

handyman19619

#22 Post by handyman19619 »

Unless you get a bid on three products and they are all the same thing. Thats when it gets ugly. # 3 equal products for #3 unequal prices and maybe the same window or at minimum apples to apples.
Thats what we are here for Thermo.