Window World 4000 Series

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rjjmh

Window World 4000 Series

#1 Post by rjjmh »

has anyone had recent experience with this window?
or with window world of NJ (based in edison)?
Thank you for any information you can supply!

brentwood

Re: Window World 4000 Series

#2 Post by brentwood »

i had them stop by..not impressed with their window at all or their tactics. we had gorell and an okna dealer..we are choosing Okna. in all my research they seem to be one of the best. the company that showed us the okna window were very nice and informative.i actually find all this window stuff quite interesting. look at the okna insultec 500 or starmark. do a google of a dealer in your state.
before my wife and i started looking at windows we thought it was a "best price" type of decision..not so. it pays to invest in quality windows and it winds up costing much less in the long run. good luck.

windowdude

#3 Post by windowdude »

WW uses Alside windows and I think the Comfort World 4000 is actually the Alside Excalibur. Do a search on this site for info on Alside windows...you'll find out a lot. :D

brentwood

#4 Post by brentwood »

i get the feeling the pro's on this board do not like alside windows. i did a search and there seems to be alot of issues with the 4000 series.

rjjmh

#5 Post by rjjmh »

We checked them out and I thought they were good windows, especially for the price. What negative issues did you encounter?

brentwood

#6 Post by brentwood »

we looked at window world,gorell,okna, and another company..we found Okna to be the best especially for the price and of course the pro's on this board think its a great window. fisrt off,i did'nt think the 4000 was a pretty window and it did'nt look like a very high quality window compared to okna. also,from what i heave read,the 4000 has problems with air and water leaks. i have read that quite a few times and also the pro's on this board have pointed that out.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Build quality, Air leakage, and seal failure are just a few to name about the window. Combine that with a gamble of an install and you could end up holding the short end of the stick.

windowdude

#8 Post by windowdude »

rjjmh wrote:We checked them out and I thought they were good windows, especially for the price.
Have you looked at any other windows yet?

brentwood

#9 Post by brentwood »

DO NOT EVER BUY WINDOWS based on price and justify it because you think they look good.we made that mistake 5 years ago and now bought new windows,essentially paying double. do it right the first time or that "good price" will turn out to be very expensive. i learned the hard way.

buddy110

#10 Post by buddy110 »

rjjmh wrote:We checked them out and I thought they were good windows, especially for the price. What negative issues did you encounter?

Pretty much ecverything that can go wrong with a window will with Alsides windows :lol: