Home Craftsman Windows???? Houston TX

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Windows on Washington

Re: Home Craftsman Windows???? Houston TX

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

Prism Bronze is the intro window into the Prism line up and basically the equivalent to the Reflections 5050. Not worth the money when you consider the Platinum or 5550 is not much more.

Double Strength glass is just and option and most manufacturers include it while a meeting rail reinforcement is not always a good thing. You ideally want as little metal in the window as possible for thermal conduction and a window that does not require metal is typically a little more sturdy.

Randy knows all the best brands in your area. I would give him a shout if I were you.

randy

#17 Post by randy »

Again, Home Craftsman is not a window that I would recommend to anyone. The aluminum reinforcement that they emphasize is a gimmick because their vinyl frames are nothing but one hollow chamber, so it's a distraction from the cheapness of their vinyl.

As to Don Young's vinyl windows, double strength glass is standard on larger windows and optional on smaller ones.

AAMA certification is a must for any window you should consider. Any manufacturer that doesn't certify their products should be avoided.

CDFITE

#18 Post by CDFITE »

Randy, does your company carry Simonton? Can I ask that on this board??? and do they carry Dan Young as well?

randy

#19 Post by randy »

We offer both Simonton & Don Young, as well as a few others. You can now contact me via the "contact" button on my posts.

Windows on Washington

#20 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think Randy carries both if I am not mistaken but I will let him answer. No rules against asking questions on here.

CDFITE

#21 Post by CDFITE »

Thanks to both of you. I have submitted a "contact" for Randy.

Randy,
look forward to hearing from you!

truckloads

#22 Post by truckloads »

To all inquiring about Home Craftsman Windows on their quality, etc. Please do not confuse this quality window with "American Craftsman" which is made by Silver Line Windows. It is the American Craftsman that is not 1/2 the quality of the Home Craftsman Window. I learned my lesson well when I made the mistake of getting the AC window. After being shown by good friend who purchased the HC window I realized I made a mistake. Will do my homework next time.

randy

#23 Post by randy »

The Home Craftsman window is no better than an American Craftsman window. Pocket sills are a bad design, and always a poor choice for homeowners.

AK6000

#24 Post by AK6000 »

Should I expect life time labor warranty from company that installs my windows? I am looking for replacement windows with glass breakage warranty. But both vendor I am working with only offer 2 years of labor warranty.

I appreciate your input.

TheWindowNerd

#25 Post by TheWindowNerd »

You should consider hitting the "get quote" button next to Randy.
He is an honorable and knowlegdable man.

AK6000

#26 Post by AK6000 »

Randy is in Houston and I am in Dallas. If he was a local guy I would get a quote from him.

randy

#27 Post by randy »

Anthony covers the Dallas area. Greg runs his sales team there, and I'm confident that you won't find a better company to do business with.

Here a thread that he has posted in. There's a "contact" button at the bottom of his post that will get you to him.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3952

ezvw

#28 Post by ezvw »

I have home Craftsman windows and have not had any promblems with them at all.

Windows on Washington

#29 Post by Windows on Washington »

ezvw wrote:I have home Craftsman windows and have not had any promblems with them at all.
I have also ridden in a Ford Pinto without it blowing up, however, that does not mean I want it as my daily commuter vehicle.

Skydawggy

#30 Post by Skydawggy »

Windows on Washington wrote:
ezvw wrote:I have home Craftsman windows and have not had any promblems with them at all.
I have also ridden in a Ford Pinto without it blowing up, however, that does not mean I want it as my daily commuter vehicle.
:lol: :lol: