Help with replacement window decision - Alside?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
HomeSealed

Re: Help with replacement window decision - Alside?

#16 Post by HomeSealed »

5stannards wrote:I have Alside Replacement Windows in my home and live in New England. The windows have worked very well with the exception of one issue. During a cold evening, the glass cracked in one of our horizontal slider panels. It happened in the middle of the night with a loud cracking noise. The local dealer was helpful but needed to refer us to the warranty center. While the warranty is said to cover any manufacturing defects, they did not attribute this issue to a manufacturing issue suggesting to me that that their windows are subject to this issue in cold areas. Despite several communications with their warranty area, they refused to honor the warranty. I believe the product is good; however, this particular window had an issue. The bottom line, if you have an issue that you believe is covered by warranty, expect a difficult process, an inability to get a human on the phone with authority to resolve an issue, and ultimately an unwillingness to stand by their warranty. Ultimately, my time was worth more than the cost of continuing to get satisfaction and it was easier to just pay to have the window fixed. If the value of the warranty is an important consideration in your selection, I would choose a different brand.
You might want to try a different contact. I'm not a fan of that product by any stretch, however, I have never experienced poor customer service from them on the warranty side of things. In my experience the send out the part, no questions asked... What I would question is the installation company who is pawning you off. There is no reason that they should not be handling this process for you.