schuco questions.

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jg

schuco questions.

#1 Post by jg »

i recently met with a company called a&j reliable in rockland county, ny. they quoted me about $25,000 for 31 double hung and 4 picture and three small fixed triangle/trapizoid windows. i have several questions.
has anyone heard of this company- good or bad?
are there any options i should be looking for other than low e, krypton and triple pane?
are there choices of locking (for security) devices?
are there casing options? my house is stucco exterior with stone or concrete outside sills. the house is cinderblock construction therefore the windows are set in quite a bit from the interior walls.
are there choices with regard to removal/installation from inside or removal/installation from the exterior? is one type of installation preferable over the other?i have wrought iron gates (not removable) built into the stucco of my house on about 6 of my window openings allowing access only from the inside.
in the new york market what is the lowest per window can i expect to pay?
what is the guarantee by schuco? on frame, moving parts, and hardware?
is it true that schuco pays the labor on any warranty work done?
does the addition of decorative grids reduce the windows effectiveness?
those are the questions i have for now (i am sure i will have some more).
thanks in advance for any thoughts , advice, info, words of wisdom!

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

The price quoted is very reasonable especially for that area. I do know A&J as I was in NY for a couple of years. They have a very good reputation in the industry. Tell John and Charlie I said hello. If you got the Triple-pane/dbl low-e/Krypton with TPS... that's the top of the line. For the double-hungs, I prefer the cam locks to the PAL locks. Schuco has a Lifetime Warranty and it's transferable. Good luck to you.