Schuco Corona 4000 Installation

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
UWLAW94

Schuco Corona 4000 Installation

#1 Post by UWLAW94 »

Having several new Schuco Corona 4000 windows reinstalled. Home is pretty new (5 yrs.), but new construction windows were junk. Windows were installed and, due to the fact that the windows sat so far into the sill, I had the installer put in a piece of cedar below the weep holes, beveled away from window to move water. Caulked like crazy, etc.

Anyway, after replacement windows were installed, we had some driving rain storms where the windows leaked around the sill. After reinstallation by moving windows out further and putting Vycor around window sides behind cedar siding, still some leaks at bottom of sill.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Guy

#2 Post by Guy »

Something is done wrong. The weeping system should disperse any water faster than you can pour it in with a cup. So your weeping system has dirt or debris plugging the pathway of water. I see this all the time in a new construction application. Sheetrock dust is usually the culprit to this. I use a wire to clean out the holes and make sure their clear. Take a garden hose and spray it down from the outside until you can isolate the leak. Ounce you do this it will make it easier to find the problem. Good Luck!!!!