Home craftsman 8100 window vs Comfortworld 6000/501

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
birddoc

Home craftsman 8100 window vs Comfortworld 6000/501

#1 Post by birddoc »

I live in texas gulf coast catastrophe zone 1 so I require windows cert to 120mph winds. I am getting quotes for replacement windows. I have gotten quotes from 3 sources. Two are for the Home craftsman 8100 series windows (single hung vertical windows 36x72) and two sliders 8120, 8130 which meet the wind codes here//the other quote is for the Comfortworld series 6000 model 501 double hung window and the 201 double slider. This window also qualifies in my area. Please give opinions on the comparative quality of the two windows. I am confused by all the "qualities" of each window and would like an honest opinion on the qualities (good and bad) of each. I understand the Comfortworld window is manufac by Asso Materials Inc in OH I think. The Home Craftsman I think is made in Dallas.
In addition I would like comments on installation: The companies that install the Home craftsman windows are both locally owned, A+ BBB rated smaller companies-one does only windows the other home construction/remodel/repair and windows--I am also getting quotes to replace exterior siding with Hardiplank. The company with the Comfortworld series is the Window World franchise in this area (Houston). I have spoken to two persons installed with windows from WW, both liked windows-one no problems--one with minor installation issues remedied by company. I look forward to hearing back any comments. Thanks, JR