Sunrise windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
cmd1005

Sunrise windows

#1 Post by cmd1005 »

I have gathered from perusing posts that there are alot of Schuco (sp?) fans here, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Sunrise windows. We received our first quote and are in the process of gathering others, but I am trying to research.

The quote was as follows
9 - double hung with colonial grids
2 - double hung with frosted glass (for in a bathroom)
8 - double hungs
2 - picture window sets, cut and reheader openings (we are turning 2 windows that are set apart into a picture window set in 2 different rooms)

The quote for the above was $14,130. An separate quote for a patio door was for $2190. He said the patio had to be custom made b/c it is 69" wide.

The series is the Sunrise with Ultra U Plus Glass. Full screens, exterior caps. Lifetime labor and material.

Overall, I was very comfortable with the dealer. He owns his own company (his father started it 40 years ago and he took over 20 years ago) and does more than just Sunrise, but he likes this product the best. There were no high pressure, sales tactics. He was recommended by a friend of ours who is a contractor.

Any thoughts that anyone has would be appreciated.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I carry both the Sunrise and Schuco and obviously like both.

On comparison, I prefer the Schuco doublehungs spacer technology, fit and finish, and it's features like real lift handles, shadow grooved welds, and locking screens.
If the windows are smaller and glass size is a factor, or one of Sunrise's many options is appealing, then Sunrise might be a better fit. Sunrise has more colors to choose from including different colors inside/outside, the option of shades or blinds between the glass, real nice casements, and a very nice patio door with lots of options on hardware.

As far as price, that is very hard to tell because of not actually seeing the job. It's not ridiculously high or anything though.

cmd1005

#3 Post by cmd1005 »

Thanks for the reply. I understand that you cannot comment too specifically on price without knowing the sizes of the windows. It still helps to get a ballpark feel for it.