Xact and New River windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
n8shaw

Xact and New River windows

#1 Post by n8shaw »

We had two companies come out this week to give us quotes. One quoted us Xact Designer 1600 Series and the other quoted us VinylCraft New River Collection 5300. It appears that most people do not hold Xact windows in very high regard on this board, but I cannot find anything on VinylCraft... not on this board, not on Google, nowhere. The contractor left us a brochure, but it does not have any company information on it at all. I have pinged the contractor for more information, but have not heard back from him. I liked him overall (The Window Man in Virginia Beach), but not being able to find any information on the company or window online is making me seriously doubt the company and window.

Has anyone heard of VinylCraft and its New River 5300 collection? Is Xact really that bad? What other brands should I be considering in the same price range? We are having 19 windows replaced and live in the Hampton Roads Virginia area.

Thanks!