Simonton 5500 reflections vs prism platinum

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
member1947

Simonton 5500 reflections vs prism platinum

#1 Post by member1947 »

can anybody please tell me the differences in these two windows. was settled on the 5500 (low e glass, argon, double strength glass), and now somebody has mentioned the prism platinum line. these two windows seem more alike than different......which is better?? reflections 5500 or the prism platinum. thanks in advance!!
Last edited by member1947 on Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

Member 1947:

We have our model lines a little mixed up here.

The 9800 is Simonton’s best and is in their Impressions Line not the Prism line, I will explain the differences below. The Impressions Line is sold through exclusive dealers who install the product and get installation and sales training from Simonton. All the other lines are sold through distribution with the exception of a few private label lines installed via Home Depot or Sears and a few others.

The Prism line is sold only at Norandex/Reynolds and the best window in that line is the Platinum. The Reflections line is available from all the other Simonton distributors and the best Reflections is the 5500; the Platinum and the 5500 are basically the same.

The Impressions 9800 is Simonton’s best and I describe it as a 5500 or Platinum on steroids with a face lift. It shares the same main frame as the 5500 & Platinum but has a distinctive more attractive sash design along with higher performing glass systems not available in other lines. It also has an upgraded weather-stripping package with several additional points of weather-stripping that are not found on the others.

The 5500 is a good solid window and I’m sure you will be happy with your choice.

Bill
Uneeda Window of N.J.