Northern KY / Cincinnati area Vinyl

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
pancakes

Northern KY / Cincinnati area Vinyl

#1 Post by pancakes »

I just purchased a 15 year old home with rotten original wood windows. Nearly every window needs replaced in the house and I discounted the purchase price substantially due to the need to replace the windows.

I am looking for a maintenance free window that will not look out of place in a 300K home. I've been leaning towards the Marvin Infinity but don't have firm numbers for them yet. Pella Impervia is out, didn't like it at all fit or finish.

I don't want a wood window due to potential rot, don't really care vinyl vs fiberglass, but want something that will last, doesn't take up all the window opening with frame, and is cost effective. One side of the house is exposed to a lot of sun, should I upgrade to a better SHGF window for that side? It is a large house with single zone AC so every bit will likely help with that.

I forgot to mention, the trim and inside of the windows are painted white, so a vinyl or fiberglass interior of white would be more than acceptable.

I'm liking the Softlites elements, but don't know if it is overkill for our area. (Triple pane). I'd like to stick with something using a SuperSpacer since my family works at the company that makes that product.

Thanks in advance.