Atrium Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
DRNmom

Atrium Windows

#1 Post by DRNmom »

I have been talking to salespeople from WinDor (nice-good price), Magic windows(PUSHY - HIGH Priced) and Atrium. Atrium gave me the best price. (The contractor is doing my Alcoa Soffit and vinyl siding, too.) I didn't get much from the Atrium website though. Are they good/great/bad? Any input is appreciated. :D Thanks!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Their top of the line window is a good mid-grade window. Nothing fancy but will do the job if you are on a strict budget. I've had pretty good luck with them when I have used them.

DRNmom

Atrium Windows

#3 Post by DRNmom »

Thanks. You mention their top of the line window. Do you know what the name of that is or which series # it is? I was told I was buying their top of the line product, but I'd like to make sure. :)

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The ones I used were made by Atrium and were private labeled, but I think Atrium calls them the 7800.
Maybe someone else out there that uses them all the time can confirm the number.

Atrium's products are marketed under the Atrium brand name, as well as HR Windows, Danvid Window, Thermal, Superior Engineered Products, MD Casting, RG Darby, Dow-Tech Plastics, and Thermal Industries.

Windows(SouthernCA)

#5 Post by Windows(SouthernCA) »

The top of the line Atrium is called Advantage. There are many private label Atriums in California that companies sell. Galkos Construction, Pacific Home, Viplex all sell Atrium windows. But private labels are not any better than the regular named Atriums. Avg price for a Atrium window should be around $600 for an Advantage (4x3) Anything higher quoted you should keep shopping. Atrium also owns Superior Windows. So you might want to see if you like that type of window. Win-Dor is a good company that makes their own windows but their warranty is not that good. Look at the website for details. Magic is way overpriced.

DRNmom

Atrium Windows

#6 Post by DRNmom »

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the replies. We purchased the Atrium windows. I'll let you know how it all goes. :D

blistick

Update on Atrium windows - please

#7 Post by blistick »

Hi DRNmom,

I'm considering Atrium windows myself. Can you tell me how it went?

Thanks.

DRNmom

Atrium Windows

#8 Post by DRNmom »

The windows are just ok. We have both the 200 and the 7800 series. (200 did not make the double pass thru that we wanted in the kitchen.) The 7800 are suppose to be better, but I do not care for the locks. I like the locks on the 200 series better. My biggest complaint is the color. Even though they say they are white, they are not a true bright white. From outside they look real nice and I love the the look. When the trim was finished on the inside, the vinyl trim is a bright white and it looks a little off next to the "dull" window frame. But in all fairness, you get what you pay for. We went with the cheaper window, saved $$ and are happy, but not thrilled. You can e-mail me directly at JFNuchols@aol.com and I can e-mail you some pictures if you like. Hope this helps.