2 vinyl replacement choices

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
michaelfa

2 vinyl replacement choices

#1 Post by michaelfa »

First time home buyer, house built in 1992. Windows drafty and ice on occasion. Gen contractor showed me a Lansing and an Arrowhead vinly replacement window. Don't need the absolute best, but dont want to have to have heaters in my kids rooms anymore. May live in house for antoher 5-10 years. Both qualify for tax credit. Live in Kansas. 12-13 windows. So hard when it's not your expertise. Cannot afford Renewal by Andersen.

buddy110

Re: 2 vinyl replacement choices

#2 Post by buddy110 »

Haven't heard of the first two. Chances are they're better than the last one :lol:

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

michaelfa wrote:Cannot afford Renewal by Andersen.
Buddy is correct about his estimation the of the RBA... :lol:

I strongly suggest that you continue to research online, this discussion forum, and the NFRC.org site.

Get some more quotes at that point and sort out what the good, better, and best options are.

Post up you follow up choices for more critical evaluation.

michaelfa

#4 Post by michaelfa »

The Hallmark window is actually manufactured by Thermolock , the Lansing window (more specifically is the Windjammer series 80) is from Lansing window and door company Richmond Va. Thanks for the posts and the advice.