Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ellison Windows
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:33 pm 

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with Ellison windows. I am interested in the 1300 or 1500 series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:55 pm 

What do you need to know and what options are you getting?
Where do you live ? How much are you being charged for each type (D/H, slider,Casement)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:00 am 

handyman19619 wrote:
What do you need to know and what options are you getting?
Where do you live ? How much are you being charged for each type (D/H, slider,Casement)?

Dear hanyman19619

I wanted to know about their quality. I am getting mostly double hungs w/gruds, low e & argon. Quoted a little less than 300 per window. I live in Connecticut.

Thanks,
Gregr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:50 pm 

They have 3 grades available to most contractors. Kind of a good better ,best . Most of the difference is in the frame of the window.
At $300 with grids , lowE and argon. You got a very good price even for the lowest of their line,if that included installation. Their top of the line window is a nice window and at $300 installed is an bargin (jump on it)

Post subject: Ellison vs Harvey
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:08 am 

Thanks Handyman. I can also get Harvey Classic Double Hungs (with low e & argon) for about the same price. Any preferences or advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:58 pm 

Gregr
I have never seen a harvey window but I went to their web site.
The window looks good (at leat the picture did and they had nice things to say about their window)
The specs are all there but I like the balancing system on Ellison better. I prefer the constant force system above all the others,(spiral,or a string and a spring like harvey has) I have never dealt with Harvey on warranty issues b/4 so I cant say yes or no . I have dealt with ellison and have always been happy. The factory Reps have always gone out of their way to resolve manufacturing issues and give advice. Not saying Harveys wont. I just havent dealt with them B/4.

Post subject: ellison vs. alside excalibur
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:23 pm 

Thanks again Handyman.

My choices are down between the Ellison 1500, the Harvey classic double hung or possibly the Alside Excalubur.

Is the Excalibur a good window?

Gregr

Post subject: Re: Ellison Windows
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:22 pm 

I got 17 of these windows in 2002 been sorry every since. They leak air like crazy and of course the dealer and installer are out of bus.

Post subject: Re: Ellison Windows
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:18 am 

Ellison are made by Atrium and are on the lower end of the quality spectrum. the poster above mentined air leakage. thats a common problem with lower end windows. they are better than silverline or pella vinyl but thats not saying much. i would look at higher end brands such as HiMark, Sunrise, soft lite, gorell, okna.