schuco current promotions???

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
u-value

schuco current promotions???

#1 Post by u-value »

Hi -

Learning a ton of informartion through this website - thanks all!

I originally was looking at Champion and a few others...now Im all over the Schuco Corona line - and they are the BEST.

My shuco dealer set us up with a fair price for their top of the line windows and said that Schuco is currently offering triple glaze for the cost of double - se we are going to get the Triple/Krypton.

Also - he said their dealership gets funds from Schuco to use for "focus" homes and he can get me 35% off using these funds. Thats all fine and dandy but my bid still comes out around 800 per hole.

Anyone know about the current Schuco promos and if they do in fact give dealers funds to use for "focus" homes?

Just wondering because you would think I would have a little better pricing if this were true?

Thanks!

handyman19619

#2 Post by handyman19619 »

Focus is a way of saying Demo home "if you just sign right now tonight" or as a save the sale technique. Many on this site have warned against this sales tactic as predatory or unethical.
Of course its probably ok because its shuco.

u-value

#3 Post by u-value »

We were asking for the triple/krypton anyway - but he said he was quoting me the double pane price, and throwing in the triple/krypton because thats schucos promotion this month. I think its just their sales game though - same with the 35% from Schuco if I choose to be a "demo" home - if this were the case I think my bid would be cheaper for sure.

From what I gather on this board, a good price for the Corona 4000 tri/kry pack is around 650.00-700.00 per hole - so my 800.00 bid seems fair but a little high especially considering the so called "promos" Schuco is running to get me the discounted price.

Also - this was a take it or leave it offer...which my wife was not happy about at all.

I love the windows and signed the contract - but I have three days to cancel.

I guess I just dont appreciate the sales techniques and wonder what other "misleading" info I was told - but with only one Schuco dealer in town...Im a little stuck if I want the best window?

u-value

#4 Post by u-value »

The deal has raised some red flags because of the sales tactics employed but I still think the price is at least fair, not a great deal but not getting screwed either? I really do not like to be "misled" especially when making such a substantial purchase. However, they are the only SChuco dealer in town so if I really want them - Im stuck with this dealer.

Also - if they are telling me I am getting a great deal because of made up promos by Schuco - it makes me question other things, like if they are misleading me regarding their factory trained installers qualifications, their warranty, etc...

Oh well - still have time to cancel...

handyman19619

#5 Post by handyman19619 »

U
If you truely believe you are getting the best window for the best price I am happy for you. You should be happy too.
Gilligan dont poo on it so much you are starting to sound like a rejected salesman.
Let the man be happy he made a decision and hope that it was the right one. He doesnt need you for a conscience. He has a wife.
The only problem is he wants Shuco and has no choice but to buy it from someone with no competition in his market area. They can employ any sales technique they want and fix the price at what ever the market will bear.

u-value

#6 Post by u-value »

Well - here are the breakdowns on my bids that Im looking into...

8 DHs (most around 100UI)
1 Picture
2 Sliders
1 eyebrow, extended legs (110UI)

Schuco Dealer bid: $9500.00
Corona 4000, triple pane, titanium low e, krypton

Contractor bid: $6900.00
Alside Sheffield, Double Pane, low-e Solarban 60, SST spacer
+1000.00 for upgrade to triple pane, intercept spacer, dual low e

World of Windows: $4400.00
6000 (which is the Sheffield, confirmed), double pane, Solarban 60, intercept spacer
+1000.00 for upgrade to triple pane, dual low -e

Windows America: $5000.00
Vinylmax Hyde Park, double pane, solarban 60, intercept spacer
+750.00 for upgrade to triple pane, dual low e

I have a few more but all pretty much the same and out of the question for different reasons...

I like the Sheffield but dont trust the install record or customer service for WoW - and my local contractor price seems a little high for the sheffield line - so why not spend another couple grand for the high end Schucos??

handyman19619

#7 Post by handyman19619 »

Gilligan
You misundersood my intent . I agree with your statements and your reasoning.(predatory,unethical,monopoly,even my new statement price fixing)
He chose what he wants and is happy with it.
I cant bash a Shuco because I have never seen one in real life.(only pictures and demo kits) a far cry from a real full size working window installed. It looks and sounds like a nice high end window.
If it isnt and the installation is not up to par. (or he didnt really get the triple, krypton upgrade) The customer will surely be back to this site. To say yes or no to future visitors of this site.
$250 more per hole is not a big step for some customers and may be well worth it in the end.
He is getting alot for the specs he gave and I am happy for him. Reguardless of the sales technique that was used.
Can you give him triple pane, Titanium low E, with krypton for less than $791 each with any other manufacturer? If so who?

HipKat

#8 Post by HipKat »

I don't know about regular als Schuco dealers, but I Do know about Insulsash dealers, and if that's what you're looking at, you're dealing with a high pressure BS. Believe me, if you cancelled today, and called tomorrow you'd get a better price. If you cancelled today and called next month, you'd get a better price. How many times, btw, did the rep call his manager from your house??? That too is B.S. It's too bad the best window in the industry is being sold by the biggest group of rip off artists in the country.

u-value

#9 Post by u-value »

Yeah - the sales tactics are what bothers me about this deal - the "sign today" pressure is so "used car lot" to me.

As I said I think Im getting fair price for my particular needs, if we were going to do the 8DHs (all about 100UI) it would be 730/opening. The two sliders and the shaped window are kicking this up to the 791/opening bid.

I had my comfort price at 9k for the schuco top of the line, he originally came in just under 10k - I countered and he said split the difference and I signed. I told him to take that extra 500 hundred and make sure I get the best install team to come out! :) He laughed and said each team knows their stuff...

Really - the Schucos sold themselves, despite the sales tactics employed.

The problem I have is if I did not research this project - I bet the bid would come in around 1k/opening like Fools bid. When I called the dealer to schedule the estimate, I flat out said that we have been looking around and if you are going to come in over 10k dont bother coming out. The salesman referenced this right away during the appointment and said "sounds like someone has done some homework?"

The "sign now or no deal" crap is what bothers me the most. I really prefered WoW and Windows America sales technique with their price list. I just did not trust their install history...

u-value

#10 Post by u-value »

Well - after further review...we just sent our cancellation notice to get out of the Schuco contract...

As much as I love the Schucos - I just do not feel comfortable making a 9.5k purchase with a company that uses the "sign today or forget this price" tactics. This investment is too much money to not be 100% comfortable with my decision so backing out seems to be my best option.

Also - this company has a couple marks against them in the BBB report, which is never a great sign.

Guess Im back to drawing board again!

FenEx

#11 Post by FenEx »

Good call U.... you made the reasonable decision. I like the product too, but until they enforce the issue of the bugs being removed by some of their dealers methods and improve relationships with those they have that are of quality , I will never give them a blanket endorsement. In short, my opinions are beginning to change too.

handyman19619

#12 Post by handyman19619 »

U
Sorry to hear you have to start all over.
Where do you live? Maybe others can help you find what you need at a fair price.
Its to bad you have to give up on a specific brand because they allow monopolies on territories. When customer service,expierence,and installation count as much or more . Than sales methods and exclusive rights. Fair competition has not hurt other major manufacturers and has helped in making satisfied customers of their product. Which has increased their sales and name nationally.

u-value

#13 Post by u-value »

Yeah - its too bad as I really did like the Schucos and thought they were the best window I looked at...but we feel good about the decision.

Actually - when I got back home tonight I had a vmail from a local contractor that the GM over at Alside Wholesale highly recommended. I sent over my project details and he got back to me with a quote for the Alside Sheffield with the ClimaTech TG2 (triple pane, dual Solarban 60 sc, argon) and also a 5' Alside 6100 patio door.

Total estimate: $6170.00

Figure around 1K for the patio door and my 12 windows come out to around 430/opening installed. Im seriously condidering this as he was highly recommended by the Alside wholesale manager as an experienced installer. This is comparable to the WoW estimate for the same window package, but a different door...and I trust this guy to install the windows correctly.

The Sheffield isnt the same window as the Schuco - but I think it will be a great window for our home at 60% the price of the schuco?

HipKat

Re: reply

#14 Post by HipKat »

FenEx wrote:I will never give them a blanket endorsement. In short, my opinions are beginning to change too.
Now there's a statement I never thought I'd see. Almost knocked me out of my chair, but you're right. Great, awesome product that sells itself, easily. Why do they need to use shill's to represent it??

Windowman1

Too many quotes

#15 Post by Windowman1 »

This post is after your cancelation but first I would say that you got too many qoutes. 3-4 is more then enough, after that you only confuse yourself on who said what. Secondly I would have suggested you look at the Heat Mirror Glass product. It has a better r-value and u-vaule then triple pane and will pay for itself in less the 5-7 years. It also will stop 99.5% of UV rays. The weight of the window is less then triple pane as well.