Gorell vs. Plygem - Need help chosing one

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
leftontheinside

Gorell vs. Plygem - Need help chosing one

#1 Post by leftontheinside »

Still considering Sunrise Restorations but they are about 30% higher that the other two windows I like.

If I don't go with Sunrise (budget) which one do you think is a better product? The Gorrell is 10% more.

Gorell 5300 AC Master double hung (uvalue .3 and shgc .28)
Plygem Lifestyles Maxuus (uvalue .29 and shgc .27)

buddy110

Re: Gorell vs. Plygem - Need help chosing one

#2 Post by buddy110 »

Gorell 5300 is a very solid window as is the Sunrise . PG is ok too but I'd give the other two the nod

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

All three are good choices. Plygem is the largest company by far (can be a pro and a con), although the Gorell has some slightly better performance numbers. The Sunrise is nice, but I would not consider it at a 30% premium. I honestly think that you'd be happy with the product either way, now would be the time to take a closer look at the installation company that you choose. What is their labor warranty, BBB rating, references, etc. Also, ask them about their installation procedures. Don't discount your intuition in this regard. Most times when you have a better "feeling" about one installer over another there is a reason why.

leftontheinside

#4 Post by leftontheinside »

Sorry I goofed on my math...it just worked out to be even like this.

By the way I very comfortable with all the installers. At this point its getting the best value for the product.

Lifestyes is the least expensive....Gorell 20% more, Sunrise 30% more.

Integra

#5 Post by Integra »

1) Sunrise
2) Gorell
3) Anything else.

I personally think the Sunrise is worth the money.

pondscum

#6 Post by pondscum »

If you like the Sunrise Restorations except for the price, you might look to see if you can get a quote on the Sunrise Vanguard or "regular" Sunrise lines for comparison. The Restorations is their premium model. The Vanguard is almost identical (same construction, slightly different hardware). The "regular" Sunrise has the same extrusions but lacks the fiberglass reinforcement.