Shuco

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowrep

#16 Post by windowrep »

w4u
i saw the quote myself and read it over and over. your pricing is more in the reasonable range for a top quality vinyl replacement. that kind of pricing hurts everyone in the industry not just schuco. too bad their is no way to monitor or is there?

ShucoFan

Re: reply

#17 Post by ShucoFan »

FenEx wrote:First of all.... if you are going to sell em'... learn how to spell em'... it's Schuco. "Schuco" doesn't rattle anyone, as a matter of fact, it's becoming the most respected window on the market.... it's only the actions of a few specific dealers that connect the reason of caution to the brand. I highly promote the product, as it is the finest vinyl window I know of. Please understand that the previous negative posts are reasonable responses to numerous notes regarding the few dealers that hinder the efforts of many other dealers that use ethical sales models and justifiable pricing.

Now, you have no reason to wonder. Perhaps the organization you work for is one of the few that unfortunately provides the rattle? There are many that are successfully promoting the best products, the best customer service, ethical sales techniques and considering product image. Happy Selling.

FenEx
Thank you! Nothing against you HipKat, but I went with another dealer that was $600-$700 a window vs. $1000! FJB really needs to think twice about its sales tactics. Maybe you should have your president read this board???

Guy

#18 Post by Guy »

The Schuco window does stand above the others. Their slider by far exceeds anyones on the market today, wood, vinyl or anything. You can't base your opinion off the pamphlet or someones word. You honestly have to see it and look it over. It's just much cleaner and has been thought out in production. I can't even sell these windows in my area. So I have nothing to gain by speaking out on Schuco. I just can honestly say they stand above other manufacturers.

Why do they ask the big dollar price. That's easy it's the best on the market. Now are the being real? Let me think a bit NO!!!!! The sad thing is there are people paying $1000 a hole everyday. Some people don't take the time to research their product like most of you are. People like FenX and W4U honestly believe in selling a great product at a fair market price. They aren't in the business to get wealthy off the first three customers they get. They are here to educate people and make the industry a better place to buy from. I'm here to help in anyway I can to make it more honest and less cut throat. It's changing everyday! So keep up the good work!!!

socalmike

Replacement windows

#19 Post by socalmike »

Hi folks,
It was interesting reading all this info, because I am getting ready to have 8 windows replaced in my home. Of course, I don't have the same cold weather issues as most of you have. I may be able to get away with $3-4,000 worth of windows out here. Lately it's been in the 80's, but that's sort of unseasonal. Thanks for all the info on here, because I am clueless on this subject.

Mike

HipKat

#20 Post by HipKat »

Well, I appreciate the good words on the windows I sell.
Now, before you go shooting the messenger, err, sales rep, keep in mind: I don't set the prices. AND, I try to work with the people I see as best I can, but I need to make SOMETHING for myself......

Also, selling windows, or selling anything isn't even my foray. I was a truck driver for 15 years, who lost his business, and needed to find a career that could afford me a decent enough living. I mean, I have a baby coming anyday now.
You think NE Ohio is bad?? Try Buffalo, where the average hourly wage is about $8.00....

socalmike

#21 Post by socalmike »

Wow, hipkat that's amazing that the hourly wage is around $8.00. I just retired from an electricians job that paid $29.39/hr. Of course the cost for everything out here is high, with the exception of maybe heating (gas) and electricity. Compared to what you good folks have to spend.

HipKat

#22 Post by HipKat »

Electricians are skilled labor, probably that'sa union rate huh?
Union truck driving jobs don't exist here. All the shops are on 25% layoff.
Just getting any old job pays about 7.00 - 10.00 an hour.
Besides, I like sales. I have a good product, and a good office of people.

window_newbie

Schuco Quote took my breath away!

#23 Post by window_newbie »

Last night I had an FJB salesman give me a quote on windows that came to $27,000 for 15 windows!! However, if I agreed to order right away he could do me a favor and piggy-back my order to a "commercial" order which would reduce the cost to $17,000. I am in New York State.
I have read the information on this site and board and pretty well believe that the windows are great quality, and I understand that you have to pay for it, but how can they be serious about prices like these? Also, give me a break - a $10,000 difference if I "sign now". I am very disappointed in the tactics.
Are there any suggestions out there for getting the quality wondows I want at a sane price?

socalmike

HipKat

#24 Post by socalmike »

It was a union job (IBEW) for what was a division of Hughes Aircraft Co. when I started.

I would like to thank all of the posters on here for their input on windows. I am getting ready to start calling for estimates on them, and you guys have been a wealth of information on what brands there are. Also, what brands tend to be better than others. Thanks again!
BTW, it's gonna be in the high 70's again today. I hope this doesn't mean a long hot summer this year.............. 8)

ShucoFan

Re: Schuco Quote took my breath away!

#25 Post by ShucoFan »

window_newbie wrote:Last night I had an FJB salesman give me a quote on windows that came to $27,000 for 15 windows!! However, if I agreed to order right away he could do me a favor and piggy-back my order to a "commercial" order which would reduce the cost to $17,000. I am in New York State.
I have read the information on this site and board and pretty well believe that the windows are great quality, and I understand that you have to pay for it, but how can they be serious about prices like these? Also, give me a break - a $10,000 difference if I "sign now". I am very disappointed in the tactics.
Are there any suggestions out there for getting the quality wondows I want at a sane price?
What state are you in?

ShucoFan

#26 Post by ShucoFan »

HipKat wrote:Well, I appreciate the good words on the windows I sell.
Now, before you go shooting the messenger, err, sales rep, keep in mind: I don't set the prices. AND, I try to work with the people I see as best I can, but I need to make SOMETHING for myself......

Also, selling windows, or selling anything isn't even my foray. I was a truck driver for 15 years, who lost his business, and needed to find a career that could afford me a decent enough living. I mean, I have a baby coming anyday now.
You think NE Ohio is bad?? Try Buffalo, where the average hourly wage is about $8.00....
Hey bud I'm not trying to give you a hard time personally, its just that your company has some extremely questionable sales tactics.....good luck, lets hope the economy becomes better.

Stick around, we are a good bunch.

HipKat

#27 Post by HipKat »

Oh, I'm staying. I'm new to sales and I like to see where we stand as a company and myself as a rep.
As far as pricing, as many people that have negative comments, I hear the opposite too. It's all relative.
A Cadillac costs 40,000 to buy, but the factory didn't pay that to build it, and the dealer didn't to buy it.
As faras FJB, there are things that they do that you all may not like, but the things that they/we offer that other people can't make up for it alot, I'd guess.

FenEx

#28 Post by FenEx »

Hipcat

This post was on the sister site. As FJB owns Insulsash, I am sure you can help them out under warranty. I invited the original poster to join this discussion board. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

FenEx

Guy

#29 Post by Guy »

One thing everyone must remember is each company will have rules and guidelines their sales staff must follow. All products sold are PADDED to reflect the bottom line price any sales person can sell at. The window industry is closely compared to car sales. So I'll use my new truck as an example. A 2005 Chevy Sliverado 2500HD, Crew Cab, Diesel engine with all the bells and whistles (this is my office everyday so comfort is most important). List was 49K and I bought it at 37K. I know the truck was padded when it hit the lot $2500. This is what the dealer has to get out of the truck to keep the rent paid, lights on and all the little behind the scenes costs of running a business. Since I know the dealership owner I know what they paid for the truck and he gave it to me minus some of his padding. Window distributors have the same mark ups to deal with. They have staff, lights and all these other things to pay for. Some are bigger than others and require a bigger mark up. Some offer more than windows. They sell siding, gutters, roofs and anything else. With this many products to sell they can keep costs down and divide it up among all the products. So there are many things to consider when buying windows. Hope this made sense.