FJB Schuco replacement windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
snimeh

FJB Schuco replacement windows

#1 Post by snimeh »

I just got a quote from a Schuco representative for 7 windonw, 3- 2000, 4-3000, and 1-2100 for 15,716. That seems like a lot of money to me, but the offer began for my whole house (39 windows) for $35,000 which was even more shocking. I've just started my search so I'd like some advice as to whether this is a reasonable price. In his demonstration, the windows looked very impressive. Are there other windows that are comparable in performance at a lower price? Was the $15,716 a good price?

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

Please - no direct solicitation - thank you

VRW Board Moderator

snimeh

#3 Post by snimeh »

So is that a rebuke? Maybe because it was in the middle of the night, I misunderstood the rules here. I wasn't intentionally soliciting, just trying to figure out reasonable prices for windows. The rep wrote down 7 windows, and when I read other entries the price seemed to range between 600 and 1000 per window which would make $15 000 way out of whack. Although he wrote down "7" windows, he had said "16" I think when he was measuring because the windows are so big (3 windows are 6 ft wide which would take 2 sliders and a stationary each; 1 window is a 12 ft wide front bay which would take 4 sliders and a center stationary) so maybe it reallly is 16 windows and not 7 which would make it more reasonable. But maybe you guys don't comment on these kind of questions, just specifics of installation stuff.

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

It's very high. My email is in my profile, and I'll talk to you about it.

BTW, admin, that wasn't a solicitation. I never offered to show or sell him windows, just to talk to him about the price he got.

windowmannjny

#5 Post by windowmannjny »

it certainly sounds like something isnt right. 7/16???? what is it. i dont think $1000. a window is justifiable for a vinyl....even if it is Shuco (and yes i do think that they are a good window) but i think that there are plenty of other good windows for less $$$. if i can help in any way please let me know