Owens Corning Solace Vs Soft Lite elements

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
smartyclown

Owens Corning Solace Vs Soft Lite elements

#1 Post by smartyclown »

I am replacing 40 windows in Atlanta. There is a 15,000 price difference with OC being the highest.

The OC salesman says solace is that much better.

Should he be tested for drugs?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Owens Corning Solace Vs Soft Lite elements

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I wouldn't get that close to him to test for drugs. Sounds like he's a shark.

The Solace is a Sunrise Window. I sell both Sunrise and the Elements. The dealer price between the two is nearly identical.

pondscum

#3 Post by pondscum »

I investigated the OC Solace when I first started window shopping last year. It's a rebranded Sunrise Restorations window. You may be able to get a better deal on the same window from a Sunrise installer. The Restorations is their top-of-the-line model; the Vanguard is the next step down but basically identical except for the hardware.
(FWIW, I ended up with the Restorations, and I'm quite happy with them so far.)

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

He is on drugs if he thinks its better at all, certainly not at that amount... Personally I think the Softlite is arguably the best vinyl product available... Definitely top 2 or 3. I'd put the Sunrise Restorations in the same company, but it's not better other than the slimmer frame/more glass area. I assume the OC "relabel" is similar to the Restorations as I haven't seen it personally.

Delaware Mike

#5 Post by Delaware Mike »

The Elements will beat the Sunrise OC window in every category. I love the Sunrise products and just spent all day installing some as a new construction application. Even if the windows were the same price I'd say go with the Elements. Obviously, installation is crucial.