Climateguard??

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Kate2

Climateguard??

#1 Post by Kate2 »

I am thinking about getting Climateguard in Chicago Suburbs. Does anyone have experience with Climateguard? I need one 8ft patio door and one slider window (60" wide by 51" tall). It's seems significantly cheaper (especially the 8ft patio door). I will eventually need a lot more windows done, and I am thinking about trying something a little cheaper. I am kind of surprised at the big price difference (around $600 for 8ft patio door). Both qualify for the tax credit. I read somewhere on-line that Climateguard is comparable to Simonton.

Last year, I had 3 Simonton 9800 windows installed. During windy winter weather, I can feel some air flow if I put my hand in the middle bottom (right where the two sashs meet for the slider window). Is this normal? I think that I will ask someone from Simonton to come check it out next winter. Even though I am pretty satisfied with the windows, this little thing kind of made me question if I should pay $580 (installed) for a small window.

Ericjeeper

Re: Climateguard??

#2 Post by Ericjeeper »

111 united inches is not exactly a "small" window.
The air infiltration is fairly common with sliders. Although their might be a molehair tab missing somewhere.
Sliding windows have to have a weep system in the lower frame,Make sure the weephole covers are in place.

Kate2

Re: Climateguard??

#3 Post by Kate2 »

Thanks for the response. I have to research what weephole cover is.

I paid $580 for smaller windows last year. I am looking to replace the 60x51 window this year (it is bigger than previous windows). The last year company would probably charge around $630 for it (Simonton 9800). Climateguard is much cheaper.