Reputable installer in Philadelphia area & Simonton vs Okna?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
partizanka

Reputable installer in Philadelphia area & Simonton vs Okna?

#1 Post by partizanka »

Can somebody recommend a reputable installer in Philadelphia area (Lansdale)? I am looking for a company that provides good warrantee and has a lot of experience. I would love to hear from somebody, who had their windows installed and was 100% satisfied.

From what I've read on this forum Simonton 5500 and Okna 800 would be a good choice for my area. But I don't know what to choose. Can somebody recommend? Which one would cost more with similar sepcs? I am looking for the cheapest available that qualifies for the tax credit. I didn't have any quotes from them yet.

So far, I've wasted my time by getting 4 quotes from companies like Renewal by Andersen (pricey), Widow World (bad reviews), Dream Windows (bad reviews and possibly bankrupt), & Alco Windows (the guy was accusing every other company that provided the quote that they were lying about everything).

I am so glad that I found this forum!!!

randy

Re: Reputable installer in Philadelphia area & Simonton vs Okna?

#2 Post by randy »

Anthony, one of the regular contributors here, serves the Philadelphia area, and he is one of the best. Great products, and great installation.

If you'll click on the "contact" button at the bottom of his post, you'll be put in touch with him. Your information will not go out to multiple contractors, just him.

Here's a thread where he has posted.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4243&start=15

partizanka

#3 Post by partizanka »

Thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know if Anthony works for a company that provides good warrantee and has a lot of experience? Does he sells Simonton or OKNA?

Can you recommend on those two brands as far as pricing?

Thanks again!

canuck

#4 Post by canuck »

whenever i hear someone say they "are looking for the cheapest that qualifies for the tax credit" i thank god i am not dealing with them..seriously,just because it qualifies does'nt make it a quality window. almost any window can be manipulated to qualify but the real question is this: are you looking for quality and willing to invest or just looking for a cheap way out where you can spend the money again in 5 years for the same poorly designed windows you are now asking us to recommend?
Okna,Sunrise,Soft-lite,and Gorell are in my experience all well designed windows on the east coast and up north near Michigan.
buying windows is not like going to a used car lot and trying to be a negotiator. you do that and plan on flushing alot of money down the toilet on junk then see if you want the cheapest.

partizanka

#5 Post by partizanka »

canuck wrote:whenever i hear someone say they "are looking for the cheapest that qualifies for the tax credit" i thank god i am not dealing with them..seriously,just because it qualifies does'nt make it a quality window. almost any window can be manipulated to qualify but the real question is this: are you looking for quality and willing to invest or just looking for a cheap way out where you can spend the money again in 5 years for the same poorly designed windows you are now asking us to recommend?
Okna,Sunrise,Soft-lite,and Gorell are in my experience all well designed windows on the east coast and up north near Michigan.
buying windows is not like going to a used car lot and trying to be a negotiator. you do that and plan on flushing alot of money down the toilet on junk then see if you want the cheapest.
I probably didn't express myself the right way (or you didn't understand me). What I was trying to say is that I am looking for cheapest among the two - OKNA 800 and Simonton 5500. Did you read my whole post?

randy

#6 Post by randy »

Anthony is a Soft-lite dealer, and he offers other brands as well. I'm sure he can get Simonton if he wants it, as it is typically sold to just about anyone. His installation methods are in keeping with the highest standards of the industry; he doesn't cut corners.

The Simonton 5500 will be cheaper than the Okna. Soft-lite is every bit as good as Okna.

canuck

#7 Post by canuck »

Anthony is a dealr in your area is is very respected by the pro's here. i am not a fan of simonton but Anthony can get both soft lite and simonton. i think soft lite is a better window.

buddy110

#8 Post by buddy110 »

canuck wrote:whenever i hear someone say they "are looking for the cheapest that qualifies for the tax credit" i thank god i am not dealing with them..seriously,just because it qualifies does'nt make it a quality window. almost any window can be manipulated to qualify but the real question is this: are you looking for quality and willing to invest or just looking for a cheap way out where you can spend the money again in 5 years for the same poorly designed windows you are now asking us to recommend?

Paul, try not to abuse the customer's too much, ok?

Skydawggy

#9 Post by Skydawggy »

What did the guy say all the other dealers were lying about?

I need a cheap laugh. :mrgreen:

TheWindowNerd

#10 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Soft-lite or Okna would be excellent choices.

partizanka

#11 Post by partizanka »

anthony wrote:Soft-lite or Okna would be excellent choices.
Anthony, I used the link provided by randy, but I got contacted by Andersen instead of you. How can I contact you?

Skydawggy

#12 Post by Skydawggy »

Just click the "get a quote" button under his name. That should give you direct access.

partizanka

#13 Post by partizanka »

Skydawggy wrote:Just click the "get a quote" button under his name. That should give you direct access.
I just did, and now I am going to be contacted by Wayne Young... Is that Anthony's employee?

TheWindowNerd

#14 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Nope it is me, wayne ANTHONY young.

partizanka

#15 Post by partizanka »

anthony wrote:Nope it is me, wayne ANTHONY young.
Good, so when do you think you can call me?