VPI window - anyone heard of it?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TerryA

Re: VPI window - anyone heard of it?

#16 Post by TerryA »

Anthony, I searched VPI windows in Internet Explorer, didn't relaize this was old thread, thanks for update, I will post under window reviews, hopefully i can copy and paste my review.. Anyway don't know where you live but I live in Seattle area and would be happy to show you my windows inside my home.. I am machinist by trade..

Thanks anthony!!!

Terry

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

Fwiw, Milgard just shut down some major facilities and recently ceased serving a pretty large portion of the country due to financial troubles. I've always thought that they make a pretty solid mid-grade product, but given the circumstances, they would not be on my list of recommendations.

TheWindowNerd

#18 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Terry,
Thx for your healthy additude.
Your observations and experienced are appreciated.

Delaware Mike

#19 Post by Delaware Mike »

[quote="TerryA"]Anthony, I searched VPI windows in Internet Explorer, didn't relaize this was old thread, thanks for update, I will post under window reviews, hopefully i can copy and paste my review.. Anyway don't know where you live but I live in Seattle area and would be happy to show you my windows inside my home.. I am machinist by trade..

Thanks anthony!!!

If you're a machinist by trade than I'd bet you would make a good window/door installer in a different life with all those tight tolerances. An assortment of pry bars and hammers are some guys micrometers..........

tmichie

#20 Post by tmichie »

This response may be a bit overdue but I just found this forum. Our company has alot of experience with VPI windows. We have installed several thousand of them over the last two years and I must say that they are by far the best residential grade vinyl window company in the NW. We test on every project and these windows have never failed, in fact they consistently perform above spec. They have great customer service and stand by what they sell. They also have very good techincal knowledge when questions arise. There are more expensive windows with higher performance characteristics such as Innotech. But for the majority of low rise buildings VPI fits the bill.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#21 Post by Window4U (IL) »

tmichie wrote:This response may be a bit overdue but I just found this forum. Our company has alot of experience with VPI windows. We have installed several thousand of them over the last two years and I must say that they are by far the best residential grade vinyl window company in the NW. We test on every project and these windows have never failed, in fact they consistently perform above spec. They have great customer service and stand by what they sell. They also have very good techincal knowledge when questions arise. There are more expensive windows with higher performance characteristics such as Innotech. But for the majority of low rise buildings VPI fits the bill.
What do you test on every window job?