Gorell--simonton

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
canuck

Gorell--simonton

#1 Post by canuck »

both ar energy star rated . ok, how is gorell able to be "energy partner of the year" 7 years in a row? what does gorell do or donate to get that label?

fenestrationman

Re: Gorell--simonton

#2 Post by fenestrationman »

Two words.

Hard work!

Skydawggy

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

Just to clarify, Energystar Partner has nothing to do with window quality. It has to do with the efforts a company takes to promote Energystar rated products.

Here is the application.

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=p ... _es_awards

I'm thinking of applying. :lol:

Here's another Energystar Partner

http://www.alside.com/index.aspx?page=105

canuck

#4 Post by canuck »

so Gorell or anyone else has to apply to become energy partner of the year?
its based not on how energy efficient or how well engineered your window is,it has to do with the fact that your product MEETS energy requirements and how much/well you spend on advertising energy efficiency?
i thought something was strange when Alside won the award.

Skydawggy

#5 Post by Skydawggy »

Well, that and a good thesis about how wonderful your company is and how much you really need the award for marketing purposes.
Last edited by Skydawggy on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fenestrationman

#6 Post by fenestrationman »

Check Gorell's web site.
Although it is written by their marketing department, it explains what is required to achieve this award.

buddy110

#7 Post by buddy110 »

Everybody looks for a marketing edge. Simonton is no different. You'd be hard pressed to find a better company than Gorell to do business with. They make a hell of a product and the CS is second to none.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 to buddy's comments. Regardless of how this reward is handed out, Gorell and Alside should never be used in the same sentence except to describe the "right" and "wrong" ways to design, manufacture, and service a product.

Skydawggy

#9 Post by Skydawggy »

My only point is that Energy Star Partner status has nothing to do with window quality or CS. Yes, Gorell is an excellent brand AND they are an Energy Star Partner but one has no bearing on the other. There are also many excellent brands that have great CS and are NOT Energy Star Partners

canuck

#10 Post by canuck »

i am a big fan of Gorell, no doubt. i was just questioning the true meaning of energy partner of the year.on its surface it would seem its because they have the most efficient products which is clearly not the case. the award should ne energy star marketing partner of the year. anyway,it is what it is and gorell is a solid company. i love the 5300.