Frustrated and Furious about Schuco (in Northern VA)...

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
nmmmm

Frustrated and Furious about Schuco (in Northern VA)...

#1 Post by nmmmm »

Our windows/doors should have been intalled in mid September and now it is nearly mid-December!

So warning to any people purchasing Schuco - no idea if it is the installer (NuView) or the manufacturer (Schuco), but we paid our deposit four months ago on the understanding the windows would have been in three months ago! No scheduled installation date YET!!!! And now we have snow and we are very upset needless to say.

No in-depth explanation, other than a weekly call to say they don't have a date yet!

Any thoughts on what to do about this? We'd rather go with a lesser window and actually GET new windows (whatever quality) than wait any longer. We would expect our deposit back if so! This is ridiculous! Have they even started manufacturing our windows????

Any idea what might be going on anyone?

Grrrrrr

WindDoze

#2 Post by WindDoze »

While I can't speak for your individual dealer, I can say that with all the great things that have been said about Schuco windows on this board -- the one negative is that they do take a lot longer to get than other brands. (I switched from a manufacturer that guaranteed a one week turnaround, so the adjustment has been very, very challenging!) It's a simple supply and demand problem, they can't keep up with the orders that are coming in. I know they are in the process of expanding their facility to bring down their lead times.

That being said, 4 months does seem longer than normal. We tell our customers its about an 8-10 week lead time -- that way if it comes in earlier I'm a hero. My guess is that your dealer might have been delayed in getting the order in on the front side, and that is what has led to the excessive delay. I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but the windows are worth the wait! Good Luck.

SCHUCO BY NUVIEW

Re: Frustrated and Furious about Schuco (in Northern VA)...

#3 Post by SCHUCO BY NUVIEW »

nmmmm wrote:Our windows/doors should have been intalled in mid September and now it is nearly mid-December!

So warning to any people purchasing Schuco - no idea if it is the installer (NuView) or the manufacturer (Schuco), but we paid our deposit four months ago on the understanding the windows would have been in three months ago! No scheduled installation date YET!!!! And now we have snow and we are very upset needless to say.

No in-depth explanation, other than a weekly call to say they don't have a date yet!

Any thoughts on what to do about this? We'd rather go with a lesser window and actually GET new windows (whatever quality) than wait any longer. We would expect our deposit back if so! This is ridiculous! Have they even started manufacturing our windows????

Any idea what might be going on anyone?

Grrrrrr

We at NU VIEW are urgent to serve never to sell, however one of the circumstances we sometimes have to face is SCHUCO lead times. With SCHUCO HIGH PERFORMANCE WINDOWS being made to measure products, the one thing out of any AUTHORIZED SCHUCO DEALERS control is the manufacturing of product. I (GEORGE E. BOWIE II V.P. of NU VIEW) have researched this particular situation today. The products in this case are SCHUCO's new european product line. When we contracted out your job we explained to you that the line was not in production yet, but we were taking orders. When you signed your agreement, the products were not supposed to go into production until september giving us an E.T.A. of mid to late september. SCHUCO pushed the line back to 10-1-05. To my knowledge for now due to these being new products their is one GERMAN that flies back and forth to make sure the european product line is being made to German standards. These new french swing windows and tilt 'n turn windows have been made in Germany for years, and now finally in the United States at SCHUCO's state of the art facility in Connecticut. The extended time that it has taken to manufacture these products will ensure that your well invested money will not go to waste. We try to always keep in contact with our customers on a week to week basis to let you know what we know. Believe it or not we were notified today by a fax around 11:30 am 12-7-05 from logistics that your windows will be arriving on 12-14-05 at 8:00 am. We were not aware of this until today. All SCHUCO windows are custom manufactured, which take time. The european products are truely a work of art, resulting in a longer manufacturing process than normal SCHUCO windows. SCHUCO HIGH PERFORMANCE WINDOWS are surely worth the wait :!: If you have any other questions feel free to give me (George E. Bowie II V.P.of NU VIEW) a call toll free at 1-877-8NU-VIEW.
Last edited by SCHUCO BY NUVIEW on Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

WOW!! That made MY head spin. BTW, 11-14-05 was three weeks ago....

I just saw a brouchure for a canadian company that offers tilt and turn windows and sliding glass doors. I'm guesing they were the same. They tilt in AND they swing in AND they slide!! (the doors). Real neat!! I was just curious as to the wear and tear on the hinges

windowrep

#5 Post by windowrep »

wow, that too is all i can say. if you believe all of that ........get off the computer and please join us in the real world.

FenEx

#6 Post by FenEx »

nmmmm

Here's my take on it. You are an extremely patient person to wait 4 months. Personally, I would have cancelled months ago. I can attest to the fact that numerous dates have been given to dealers regarding delivery of the newer products with only a few of them being met. On a dealer's end, I know better than to sell new release products on promises until some of the bugs have been worked out on the production end. I hope it ends well for you in the long, long run.
Last edited by FenEx on Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

WindDoze

#7 Post by WindDoze »

The upcoming Schuco European products definately look like they are going to be a home run, once they do work the kinks out of the production and delivery sides. They have been teasing dealers with them for over a year now - and supposedly they will be available after the first of the year. (My sales force is chomping at the bit to begin taking orders!) I hope things work out for you. I had heard that NuView did have a number of orders for them already, and I know that they are a priority with Schuco to get them delivered. When they do get delivered and installed please post back to let us know how you like them.

SCHUCO BY NUVIEW

#8 Post by SCHUCO BY NUVIEW »

HipKat wrote:WOW!! That made MY head spin. BTW, 11-14-05 was three weeks ago....

I just saw a brouchure for a canadian company that offers tilt and turn windows and sliding glass doors. I'm guesing they were the same. They tilt in AND they swing in AND they slide!! (the doors). Real neat!! I was just curious as to the wear and tear on the hinges

SCHUCO has been using these styles of product for a very long time. Over in Germany there is no such thing as a double-hung / out swing casement windows etc. These new european products prove and really prove who SCHUCO is as a manufacturer. As far as the hinges they seem very durable. SCHUCO uses revolutionary Vario Tec hardware in the new product. The european product line on the install end is going very well.

EUROPEAN PRODUCTS:

Tilt 'n Turn Windows (inswing / tilt from the top)
Tilt 'n Turn Window Doors *same operation as the above product
French Swing Window (2-section version of Tilt 'n Turn *one section tilts)
Tilt 'n Slide Doors (tilts / slides & looks like a french door)
Hinged Doors (Outswing 1 panel patio door)
French Doors (Outswing French Door)

HipKat

#9 Post by HipKat »

I can't remember the trade mag I was looking at yesterday, but there was an article about tilt 'n turn windows and it mentioned that they were chinese. The brouchure I saw was for a canadian company and I guess they're opening a shop in either north or south carolina (can't remember which). either way, I think they look great. I wish i could go back to selling Schuco windows....for a GOOD company :cry:

Mass. window guy

#10 Post by Mass. window guy »

soft-lite also offers a tilt and clean slider.
I haven't paid much attention to that product line though. It just seems to me all those moving parts would cause more air infiltration.
Do any of the Schuco dealers know the difference in air infiltration rates between the normal slider and their tilt slider?

nmmmm

#11 Post by nmmmm »

WindDoze wrote: When they do get delivered and installed please post back to let us know how you like them.
We have scheduled installation for the first week of January (the dealer was able to install next week, but it is bad timing for us now as we have holiday parties, etc. that we are hosting, and we need an electrician out to help with part of the installation - converting a window into a door.)

Will report back when they are in!

WindDoze

#12 Post by WindDoze »

Mass. window guy wrote: Do any of the Schuco dealers know the difference in air infiltration rates between the normal slider and their tilt slider?
I'd also like to hear from some Schuco guys who've been installing the in line sliders for more than a year. How have these windows performed for your customers in the winter? I've heard both good things and bad. We've installed several this year and are kind of keeping our fingers crossed that we're not going to have a ton of callbacks. (We've had none so far btw.) I know all about the opening needing to be 100% plumb level and square. Are there any additional installation tricks or techniques that we should be aware of?

david r. skupas

#13 Post by david r. skupas »

WindDoze,

Please call me and I can fill you in on how the Suprema 4000 In-Line Slider performs-- We are the Schuco dealer for South, Central Wisconsin---I hope you're not a Vikes Fan!

Look forward to talking with you,
David R. Skupas

nmmmm

Update - not done yet!!!!!!!!

#14 Post by nmmmm »

I promised an update on the Schuco windows we ordered waaaay back last year.

NuView started installation on January 5th. There were some problems with our window frames apparently being inset into the wall (the wall was built around the frame in other words.) So it was a big thrash for the installation guys to take the old windows out, and it was a big mess with shards of glass all over. The installation took nearly five days – though it would have gone MUCH faster if the second installation guy hadn’t been called off to do a sales/measurement job for almost a full day, leaving one poor guy on his own. I was very annoyed about that - although it wasn't the installers fault of course.

Of course during one of the warmest winter months on record, the day there was only one installer left to take out the windows – so we had all the windows in the living area gaping open all day – it was 32 degrees. It was a miserable day to say the least. The poor installers were at our home late into the night on a couple of days!

I do like the look of the windows, but the installation is still not finished. We are not happy at this point.

NuView called and was pretty insistant about getting their final check the day after the windows were in - to pay Shuco (although there was still much clean up/missing parts/no customer walk through done) and despite that voice in my head that said, “Don’t pay them till the job is really completeâ€

WindowCustomer

#15 Post by WindowCustomer »

Hey nmmmm,

I also purchased windows from NuView, but they have not been installed yet (although they are not yet late).

Sounds like your installers/measurers at NuView were not up to par. Do you remember their names, so I can make sure I don't get those guys?

Also, do you know what remedies you have (other than a lawsuit) if these guys do not come and do a proper job on the outside of your windows?

Thanks