Simonton warranty service

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
weedhopr

Simonton warranty service

#1 Post by weedhopr »

I had all the windows replaced in my house in July. (17 windows) Several weeks after installation, we noticed one of the windows has several small holes in the screen. We called the contractor that sold, and installed the windows, and he said he'd order a new warranty replacement screen. He still hasn't replaced the screen. He says it's on order, and will check into the expected delivery date.
When we ordered the windows, we were told the windows should arrive in 2 - 3 weeks, They arrived, and were installed about 4 weeks after our order was placed. When the windows arrived, they noticed the plastic wrap was torn on one of the windows, and the screen also had a tear in it. We were told they'd have the replacement screen in about 2 weeks. It came in, and he replaced it 3 weeks later. It's been 6-8 weeks since we called to tell them about the other window with holes in the screen. He took the size of the screen, and said he ordered it....said it should be in in 2-3 weeks. It's been between 6 and 8 weeks, and we still haven't seen the replacement screen. When my wife called to check on the status, he said not to worry, it's on order, he'll call Simonton and check on the status of the order. What's the normal warranty service for Simonton? Is Simonton really that slow, or is this guy holding out?
It's a Simonton Prism Platinum, double hung window.
thanks,
Mike

Skydawggy

Re: Simonton warranty service

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

It's your contractor. I normally have parts from Simonton in about a week. Most manufacturers are slower than Simonton with warranty service. What's causing all the holes in the screens?

warrantyservice

Re: Simonton warranty service

#3 Post by warrantyservice »

I would also tend to believe it is your contractor. I have never dealt with Simonton, however I know they run a Better than average Service Dept.

No I don't work for them, however the Company I work for modeled our business from theirs. A compliment to Simonton you might say!