window installation: innie or outtie?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jg

window installation: innie or outtie?

#1 Post by jg »

i am in the process of soliciting quotes from different companies and i find that some state that they work exclusively from the inside of the house and others indicated that the removal of my old windows and installation of the vinyls are done from the outside. this is especially important to me for several reasons. first, of the 31 double hungs that need replacing, 5 have wrought iron gates on the outside for decorative and security reasons. these would have to be cut and then rewelded if installation requires doing so from the outside(gates are imbeddeed into the stucco exterior, original to the house.) second, it seems that the sheetrock is the stop which holds my windows in place and that by virtue of this construction the outside window opening is larger than the inside opening. i would rather not have to redrywall every one of my window openings after installation.(the house is constructed with cinderblock, there is no framing around any of the windows, they appear to be set into the stucco on the outside and butt up to the drywall on the inside) at this point i am totally confused.
i would appreciate any educated help i could get.
have a wonderful holiday.
thanks in advance for the advise