To frame or not to frame...

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TammyT

To frame or not to frame...

#1 Post by TammyT »

I have old leaky vinyl replacement windows. I have gotten many estimates on windows. Some companies want to install brick to brick, and others say I must have a buck frame installed. Do I need a buck frame? My home has a brick exterior and the interior walls are made of plaster. When I had two of the windows removed, there were deep hollow pockets in the wall on each side of the window opening. Do I need framing or not? Any other suggestions you have would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh, most of the windows are a set of two windows connected by mulling, if that's important.

Windows on Washington

Re: To frame or not to frame...

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Tough to say without seeing the opening. It is not uncommon to see both install options but it does ultimately depend on the opening.

TammyT

#3 Post by TammyT »

Thanks

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Windows on Washington wrote:Tough to say without seeing the opening. It is not uncommon to see both install options but it does ultimately depend on the opening.
+1... In my area a buck frame is usually built. Generally, pulling the window further toward the interior of the home will yield a better install.