Replacement Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Win

Replacement Windows

#1 Post by Win »

I bought a house in South Fl that was built in 1966 that still has the original PanAm aluminum, crank out windows. I want to replace them witrh vinyl, hurrican resistant windows and I'm trying to educate myself on them. I've received a quote from Home Depot for Simonton 8000 Series Vinyl Impact Rated Windows and American Craftsman AC86 Series Vinyl Impact Rated windows. Then I got another quote from a local vendor for PGT PREMIERVIEW IMPACT RESISTANT VINYL WINDOWS
WHITE FRAMES / SOLARBAN70 INSULATED GLASS. Can some give me some guidance on the best windows for the money in my situation and who to turn to to get them?

Thanks...Win

Win

Re: Replacement Window assistance in South Florida

#2 Post by Win »

I'd really like some feedback on Impact Windows for South FL. I've had three quotes for Vinyl and then Sears comes out and can't even sell vinyl south of Ft. Pierce. They are selling coated aluminum replacement windows which don't have near as good of a wwarrranty. Any assistance is welcomg.

Skydawggy

Re: Replacement Windows

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

I'm not located in Florida so I can't comment on which way you should go. However, I sell both Simonton and PGT in Virginia and I can tell you they are both excellent companies who make quality windows. PGT is the largest window manufacturer in Florida and has been making impact windows for 30 years. They are also the only window manufacturers I know of who laminates their own glass in-house and they do an excellent job of it. I'd focus on the best price and install between those two.