Any experience with Camelot Windows from...nbpcorporation

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
sitedrifter

Any experience with Camelot Windows from...nbpcorporation

#1 Post by sitedrifter »

Hi

Does anyone have any comments on the windows from North East Building products in Philadelphia Pennsylvania? The line is called Camelot and the model I got quoted on is the Trustgard.

Options in the quote are:
Low E/Argon
Grids (contoured)
foam filled frames
nailing fin (such as new construction)

The company selling them (worked witht he owner/salesperson/valueremodeling in NJ) said my original windows (aluminum) have nail fins and they can put in replacements but the sills will stay bronze (I want white windows) and the trim around the window will stay bronze. Options are to cap them with white aluminum or paint them. I like the fact he was the only installer that pointed this out to me. He said the best way to do it is to take off the outside shingles, remove the window from the outside and install the new window as new construction. I tend to agree with him but I wonder how the winodws he sells are? total cost is $4500 for 10 double hung windows with labor included to remove and replace siding material (I supply)

Any info or suggestions would be great

Site

sitedrifter

#2 Post by sitedrifter »

Anyone???

ihere is te actual model of window

http://www.nbpcorporation.com/vinyl_win ... rd_dh.html

Thanks

Site

sitedrifter

#3 Post by sitedrifter »

Found out the frames are made by Chelsea Group (extrusion people) and from what it looks like, nothing but good stuff with the window manufacturing process. I have compared the Trustgard to Simonton and the Trusgard wins by looks and the construction of each is comparable as far as I can tell. The Trustgard has a slightly thinner frame edge to daylight (sash) which I like also.

I am going with the Trustgard for a few reasons:

1. Looks - nicer beveled exterior and truer white then other brands
2. Comparable Performance to other National brands
3. Contractor is very responsive
4. Manufacturer is very responsive (VP answers my email)

I will post how they turn out after the installation!

Site

sitedrifter

#4 Post by sitedrifter »

The windows are being installed today (installation is another issue LOL )

Couple of them are installed and they are really really nice windows. I am happy with my choice of product. In fact, the contractor measured wrong on 5 windows and of course the installers took all my windows out before checking, dumb asses. North East Building Products (http://www.nbpcorporation.com) broke the assembly line and rushed my new windows. took 1 day. They are a great company and I would highly recommend using their product.!!

Thanks

Site