vinyl windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
showe

vinyl windows

#1 Post by showe »

I am in coastal Southern California and have gotten qoutes for the replacement of 15 windows and a door. All prices are comprable but I need to know about quality and problems with the windows.
The windows I am comparing are Simonton (I don't know the series) Amerimax and Plygem. I have eliminated the Milgard because the double hung does not have tilt out feature.

Any thoughts. Any significant differences between them? Any problems?

EcoStar Remodeling

Re: vinyl windows

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Those are all pretty decent windows. I would focus more on the glass package and the installation.

jeff1995

#3 Post by jeff1995 »

Milgard double hungs do have the tilt in feature. The single hung does not tilt in

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Is the single hung a side load balance?

jeff1995

#5 Post by jeff1995 »

Spiral balance system

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

jeff1995 wrote:Spiral balance system
While the new ones that I have seen are pretty good, the press on them is so bad that I can't imagine anyone using them.

jeff1995

#7 Post by jeff1995 »

The Milgard rep was speaking with me when I posted, and I was surprised to hear 'spiral'. I had always thought it was B & T system. I install very few of the styleline products, as contractors mostly use them for track developments, and I really try to trend away from builders grade products.

jeff1995

#8 Post by jeff1995 »

Milgard rep is saying 'Spiral' but after a phone call, it is a B & T system, for some reason the rep was mistaken and has corrected himself