Alside Ultra Maxx price/value question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
buffalojeep

Alside Ultra Maxx price/value question

#1 Post by buffalojeep »

I have recently been quoted $11,700 for 18 Alside Ultramaxx windows. Mostly sliders without options, several large windows, but also 2 small bathroom sliders (frosted). About 6 double hung and one trapezoid, strange window. Anyway, from the reviews here it looks like Ultramaxx is not the best window, but not the worst. In the long run I would probably not get the very top of the line, most expensive window, but do want a good window for the money.

My main question is this a reasonable price for what I am getting? FYI this was one of those adversiting thing where they say they are giving you a deal to advertise your house (not too sure if they are giving me much of a deal)

Thanks for your input

windowmike

Re: Alside Ultra Maxx price/value question

#2 Post by windowmike »

keep shopping
installation details are important too post a pic

Skydawggy

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

It's difficult to comment on price without knowing the details of the installation, sizes etc. I can tell you that any company that uses phony model home sales pitches usually does not offer the best value. I can also tell you it's very likely you will find a better window for the same price or less. Specifically, the problem most of us have with the Ultra-Maxx is that it's a very bulky frame which means you will lose a lot of glass compared to other windows mentioned here and it uses a pocket-sill which drains water and anything else that gets on the sill, through the frame.

windowmike

#4 Post by windowmike »

+1 on that eco

samantha77

#5 Post by samantha77 »

Yep, they're trying to trick you into thinking you're getting a "great deal!". I'd suggest trying to find a company that will treat you like an adult and skip the manipulation.

novalcal

#6 Post by novalcal »

Keep shopping is GOOD advice!! I have 5 Alside windows installed less than a year ago and still do not have all problems resolved with them. The Seller, The Window Store Home Improvements Inc. Did not do anything for me after I paid for them Na Alside turn my problems over to the Warranty service which is not part of Alside. Bad deal all around.