Grandura Windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
WiRik

Grandura Windows?

#1 Post by WiRik »

Hi everyone, new to the site.

Has anyone had any experience with Grandura Windows? granduraliving.com/

As my parents are considering replacing the windows in their home, we've been looking at our options of windows in our area, never thought there was so much to consider in choosing windows until I found this site-lot of useful info!

Found a local shop with Sunrise windows, planning on looking at their windows soon. Others that we have looked at are Vista and Wasco.

Windows on Washington

Re: Grandura Windows?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The fact that they have an energy saving calculator on their site is a red flag to me. $13,000 in savings over 10 years.... :lol:

The window look pretty attractive and the performance numbers are okay from the thermal standpoint. Nothing stellar but right about where you would expect.

Any other data on it is helpful.

Skydawggy

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

Iirc the Grandura is a Simonton window similar to the Impressions 9800. If so, it's a very nice window. However, for the same money, the Sunrise is a better buy.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I figured the routed weld were a bit to similar to be a fluke.

Try out their energy savings calculator Eco so you can see "HOW MUCH YOU CAN SAVE!!!" :lol:

Skydawggy

#5 Post by Skydawggy »

If I'm correct and this window is made by Simonton, then I am very surprised they would allow such a claim. Simonton redesigned their brochures after the scuff up with Great Lakes in Washington. For my area they actually have $278. average per year savings printed on the brochure and $419. per year up your way.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Choose your average monthly energy costs from the drop-down menu below and then click the “Calculate Savings” button. The estimated 30% energy savings over a 10-year period will appear in the far right.

Naturally, the energy savings you can achieve with Grandura windows is dependent on where you live, your existing windows’ performance and the architectural style of your home. In most situations, however, a 25%-35% savings is common.

Avg Monthly
Energy Costs : $300

Your Savings: $13584.12 (I better get that $0.12 :idea: )

(Over a 10-year period)

*The calculations used to determine the savings figure are as follows: The yearly energy costs are calculated by multiplying the monthly cost by 12. Then, since energy costs are estimated to increase by 5% each year, 5% of energy costs in year one is added to reach year two, then 5% of year two is added to the year two cost to reach year three and so on until year 10. Then, 30% of that total will appear as your estimated energy savings over 10 years.

lex luther

#7 Post by lex luther »

It must be based off having no windows at all going to having windows installed. Good savings indeed.

Skydawggy

#8 Post by Skydawggy »

lex luther wrote:It must be based off having no windows at all going to having windows installed. Good savings indeed.
Actually, it would be the exact opposite. If their were no windows at all and the walls were say R-11, adding an R-3.3 window in would INCREASE heating and cooling costs.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think Lex was going for the idea that there were just open holes.

buddy110

#10 Post by buddy110 »

I want those windows in my house.. :lol:

Skydawggy

#11 Post by Skydawggy »

Yeah, I thought a comparison to having no windows at all didn't make a lot of sense. Using that as a basis would cause a saving of a couple of thousand %. :lol: