Installation Question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ranger

Re: Installation Question

#31 Post by ranger »

The Barrington is a much better designed window even as soft lite's budget window. I think the simonton 5050 is on the below average side based on both design and performance.
The barrington is also a decent looking window as well.

Bill

#32 Post by Bill »

The funny thing is that you can’t get krypton in the 5050 but Simonton posts test results with it. Below is the current data on the 5050; you have to select Supercept or Super Spacer with double strength glass to achieve these performance numbers.

40" (T) X 60" (T) 5050 Reflections White Double Hung; Tip-to-Tip; BOX; Supercept; Low E Softcoat (Prosolar); Argon Gas; Double Glazed; Double Strength (1/8"); Half Screen Fiberglass Roll-Formed Scr Mold; 00 No Reinforcement; One Air Latch; Two White; Logo Lock; Sill Extender (UI=100"); DP:35; Test Number=89925.01; U-Factor:.29; SHGC:.27; Unit qualifies for ENERGY STAR region(s): Northern, North Central, South Central, Southern

I don’t think the 5050 is a bad window we sell mostly the 5500 and 9800; the 5050 is a drop window but when we install it we never receive negative feedback. The balance is the same ¾ SS balance used in the 5500 so mechanically it is reliable and Simonton has recently replaced the ugly grey weather-stripping with white.

I have never seen a Barrington so I can comment on the comparison.

Windows on Washington

#33 Post by Windows on Washington »

I figured you would pop in here and set everybody straight seeing as you are the resident authority on all things Simonton.

:D