replace windows in WI

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowwi

replace windows in WI

#1 Post by windowwi »

I am in the Madison, WI. Can anyone suggest fair window replacement companies?
I had Champion estimate, 11 2-panel slides windows for $7,917! replace a window to a 6' sliding patio door for $3,920!

randy

Re: replace windows in WI

#2 Post by randy »

There's a regular pro here - HomeSealed, who's based in Milwaukee, that might cover your area.
He's a good guy, who offers top-notch products and installation methods that are superior to the average window company.

Here's a thread that he's been active on. If you'll click on the "get a quote" button under his name, you can find out whether or not he covers Madison.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4991

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Only one guy I know to recommend in WI. HomeSealed is a regular contributor and a consummate professional.

There is not a better guy near you to deal with.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4991

Looks like Randy beat me to it. :lol:

windowwi

#4 Post by windowwi »

Appreciate your feedback, but HomeSealed doesn't cover my area!

11 windows will cost me $7917, that would be $720 per window, does that sound right?

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Without more details it is tough to shed light on pricing.

windowwi

#6 Post by windowwi »

well, the detail what I got from Champion are:

11 2-panel sliders : $7917 (I have 3 different size windows, Champion doesn't break down the price for each different size, I don't have "many" choices with Champion.)

My window's size : 58*43 *6 , my house was built in 1961.
58*23 *3
58*34 *2

I will have another estimate from Sears which only offers Wincore, can someone compare Wincore with Champion?

Thanks!!

randy

#7 Post by randy »

See if you can find a dealer for Sunrise, Soft-lite, or Gorell in your area. Okna's also a good choice, but I don't think they are available in your area.

Champion makes a decent window, but it's overpriced. You can find a better window at a better or equal price by taking your time and getting a few more quotes.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Unfortunately, I do not service Madison very often, however, if i could give you any advice, it would be to stay away from the big national chains that you've mentioned. They sell decent products, but as Randy said, they are overpriced. Go to the manufacturer sites that were mentioned above, most have a "dealer locator" that goes by zip code.

windowwi

#9 Post by windowwi »

Thank you for all the inputs!

I had a quote from Sears (Weatherbeater) 12 (2-panel sliders) Good grade $9,541.80, 12 Better grade $11,576.32 and 12 Best grade $12,802.91. Weatherbeater windows seems like good windows(7/8" glass, soft coat-lowE, 100%vinyl). Another quote for 3 best grade(face west and street : 58*43*2, 58*23*1:on the north side)+2 good grade(in the basement, 58*34 ): $5087.25, 3 best grade only(face west and street : 58*43*2, 58*23*1:on the north side): $3462.75

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

overpriced, overpriced, and overpriced.... Seriously, if you stick to one of the products recommended (Gorell, Softlite, Sunrise, etc) and find a solid local company, you will get a much better deal.

randy

#11 Post by randy »

Are you sure you don't want to service Madison, HomeSealed? The homeowner needs an honest guy with quality products.

windowwi

#12 Post by windowwi »

I tried to click on the "get a quote" button under homesealed name, he doesn't cover Madison and I inputted my name/phone for "another contractor in your area ready to help you". But all I got were from Sears and Home Depot. I will have another quote from local dealer which my inspector recommends, but I don't know what windows it offers. I am goinig to give soft-lite local dealer a call right now!

HomeSealed

#13 Post by HomeSealed »

randy wrote:Are you sure you don't want to service Madison, HomeSealed? The homeowner needs an honest guy with quality products.
Actually, I just updated my service area to include areas that were previously "referral only". :D

windowwi

#14 Post by windowwi »

I got a quote from a local company which installs Sunrise. For (U22)11 2-panel slider would be $10701, for (U18) would be $9448. I am going to get a quote from Soft-Lite and Andersen. Any input? Thanks!!

randy

#15 Post by randy »

I believe HomeSealed has opened up the Madison area in his profile, so that you could get to him. He should definitely be your next contact.