Polaris UltraWeld

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rugmankc

Re: Polaris UltraWeld

#31 Post by rugmankc »

One final new concern on Polaris

The window in showroom is on sunny side like two of mine, that will take a lot of heat all day thru summer. The window opened harder than it should have and owner said it takes a lot of sun and may have warped. Warped was not the word he used. Said he would need to talk to Polaris on it. That bothers me. Any issues out there with vinyl windows "warping" from sun. I have had aluminum for 24 years there. And, although discolored, not warped or any leaks. My aluminum glass screen door below the two upper windows has had the perimeter around the glass warp.

Ken

ranger

#32 Post by ranger »

a Polaris Ultra is not going to warp. its made to withstand extreme sun light. i would be so shocked if a Polaris dealer even thinks an Ultra series can warp.
cheaper vinyl windows will definitely warp though especially the stuff at home depot and lowes.
the Polaris Ultra can also come reinforced. the salesman may have concerns about which glass package to use if there is a tremendous amount of sun. he would then order something with a low SHGC.

HomeSealed

#33 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd have to agree with ranger, that there is absolutely no reason that a product like that should have ANY warpage whatsoever. Sounds like a salesman who doesn't know what he is talking about. If it has taken a beating from anything, it would be from customers and salespeople operating it about 1000 x's more per year than what a normal window would see. Either way, that is a quality product that would certainly warranty against whatever the issue is..... and a salesman who should keep up on making sure that his displays are in good shape. :D

rugmankc

#34 Post by rugmankc »

Saw him again today,

The window was actually installed inside the building window and a lot of heat build up between the outside window and the Polaris. Kinda like what my glass screen door does to my front door on hot summer days. Very hot between the two. A third window not as directly exposed, opened easier. Either way they seem to have good airtight fit.

He's actually the owner for over twenty years and company highly regarded as far as quality of work done. They give many ref's also.

Will probably get these when I work out siding pricing between Mastic T3 and Certainteed Mainstreet. Mastic too high.

Ken

ranger

#35 Post by ranger »

Any windows whether wood, vinyl, or fiberglass will have issued if installed in such an unconventional manner.

rugmankc

#36 Post by rugmankc »

agreed--it won't effect my decision

rugmankc

#37 Post by rugmankc »

Well--

I went with the Polaris UltraWeld, after vinyl siding decisions distracted me for a few weeks.

I will assume unlike the displays, these windows open/close smoothly. Will post back after install on my opinions--

Thanks for all the info and advice from very helpful forum members--

Ken

HomeSealed

#38 Post by HomeSealed »

I'm sure that you'll be pleased. If the windows operate anything less than smoothly, make sure to address the issue right away.

rugmankc

#39 Post by rugmankc »

Thanks HomeSealed--I will

I picked a very reputable company, which I feel is the most important part of the decision. Even the best window poorly installed will only perform as good as the worst window, if even that good.

Ken

rugmankc

#40 Post by rugmankc »

Well, I get my Polaris Ultraweld tomorrow. Installer works alone and said it would take 2 days. 6 windows.

Kinda surprised on one guy since one window is a big slider around 4X8, maybe a tad bigger.

Will post back on install and later on performance.

Ken

Windows on Washington

#41 Post by Windows on Washington »

Good luck.

Post up some before and after pictures.

HomeSealed

#42 Post by HomeSealed »

rugmankc wrote:Well, I get my Polaris Ultraweld tomorrow. Installer works alone and said it would take 2 days. 6 windows.

Kinda surprised on one guy since one window is a big slider around 4X8, maybe a tad bigger.

Will post back on install and later on performance.

Ken
He can just take the sashes out to install the frame with one man. No worries on that. As WoW said, post the results when its all done. :D

rugmankc

#43 Post by rugmankc »

He called off sick--vertigo :(

Report will have to wait--busted my very old bad back/hip/artritic hands to get venetian blinds down and brackets unscrewed, furniture etc. Something I did very securely at 27. Many decades ago. Oh well--

Don't have an install date yet--

bowmanhunter

#44 Post by bowmanhunter »

any updates?

rugmankc

#45 Post by rugmankc »

This Friday--he will have help, so one day hopefully.