replacement windows in VA

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
katniss

replacement windows in VA

#1 Post by katniss »

I need to replace two casement windows. I know Okna, Simonton, Sunlite, Gorell are all great windows. I also have a contractor I like. He wants me to pick out windows from Lowe's or Home Depot. I have heard they aren't good. How do I find an installer who can install one of the brands I like. Any suggestions for a builder in VA?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: replacement windows in VA

#2 Post by masterext »

I find it somewhat concerning that your contractor wants you to go to Home Depot or lowes and pick out a window. Those windows not only perform poorly but also look extremely cheap and flimsy. This immediately tells me 2 things about your contractor:
1) he has absolutely no idea what quality is
2) he is not a true window contractor

For the higher end brands, you need to contact a dealer who also does the install. This way you know what you are getting and who is installing it. If a regular " jack of all trades" contractor was able to procure the better brands, you could only imagine the amount of service issues the manufacturers would have to deal with. By using a licensed dealer, they have vast knowledge of both the product and the installation.

randy

#3 Post by randy »

Masterext is right. Where are you located in Virginia? Windows on Washington is one of the regular pros here, and he serves the DC area.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 on all points above. Nothing to add :mrgreen:

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Yep you need to find a post from WoW and hit the "Gat a Quote" button.