Window Home Improvement Help! Southeast Oklahoma

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
renew

Window Home Improvement Help! Southeast Oklahoma

#1 Post by renew »

I am wanting to replace 13 windows. I am having Window World and Lowes coming for estimates. I have a brick ranch style home. I am a woman asking for good information,pitfalls,sugestions for this. And what to ask these Companys before I commit to buying. I would need full removal (I think) and cleanup.

HomeSealed

Re: Window Home Improvement Help! Southeast Oklahoma

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Box stores and bargain chains both utilize a revolving door of installers that are paid less than the going rate, which can result in a higher likelihood of issues. In addition, neither of those business models will offer premium products with elite structural performance ratings, which I'd recommend in a severe climate like yours. This site has a tremendous amount of good info about what to look for in your region. There are no board "pros" that service OK, but I'm sure that randy from TX can weigh in with some recommendations. :)

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Some of the products from Lowes/Home Depot are decent but the install as HomeSealed alluded to, can be mixed bag.

The commonly referred to as premium brands are going to be HiMark, Soft-Lite, Okna, Sunrise, and Gorell.

I don't think that HiMark and Okna are down that far yet but I would look for a Sunrise window.

randy

#4 Post by randy »

In Oklahoma you'll find Gorell, Soft-lite, and Sunrise - all of which are better than anything HD or WW is offering. If you're budget doesn't allow for one of these, you might consider the NT Window brand. Check the websites of these brands, find the nearest dealer and get a few quotes on quality products, then you'll have a better idea of what options are out there.

renew

#5 Post by renew »

I'm researching some windows online and I appreciate your comments and help. Window World is coming today. I will post their information. Someone else may find it helpful.
The NAHB website was so full of information, I am brainlocked!! LoL

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Window World will likely be one of the cheapest but I would suggest that you research their product along with the others. Make sure you are getting the right window for your application and necessity.

Don't worry about being brain locked and continue your investigation and you will likely land on the right product, install, and contractor.