ClearChoice Windows- too cheap to be good?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Rob

ClearChoice Windows- too cheap to be good?

#1 Post by Rob »

Should I even bother calling these guys, who claim they will install any size double-pane window (up to 51*80) for $185? The price is certainly appealing. I googled them, and didn't find any complaints, but I've been taught that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is...

"Our $185 any size price goes up to a maximum width of 51â€

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#2 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

I wonder which brand their selling you. In as far as the lower u-value that is correct for center glass but not for total unit. They probably are a .31 or .32 for total unit just like about a thousand others. They have to be just like Windowworld only four dollars less @. I worked for Windowworld and when I started because the pay was so low I said no thanks, but the mgr said they would pay a lot more if my work was good and reward me down the line and of course they didn't and of course I quit. Their propaganda also stated factory trained installers (I guess I'm a factory because I trained the two that were left when I quit) and I guess I was a factory again because I measured all the windows after a couple of weeks because the mgr never got them right and so on.
Don't deal with these large franchises, find someone local who knows what their doing and I'm sure they'll treat you better, and if it's a little more pay it.

The U Factor

Re: ClearChoice Windows- too cheap to be good?

#3 Post by The U Factor »

• Is "argon-enhanced airspace" code for "we pump 2 atoms of argon into each gap"?
doesnt that strike you as silly?

Scott1q1

#4 Post by Scott1q1 »

I think they are fairly new as a franchise too, kinda hard to say how long they will be around.

Window World has been around a good while and uses a good window at least. True they pay about half what an installer usually makes, I bet they have alot of service calls.