Replacement window opinions.....

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
chrisexv6

Replacement window opinions.....

#1 Post by chrisexv6 »

Started getting quotes today for replacement windows. Right now have 20 year old, very drafty, Andersens. 3 stationary (5'x3'), 6 gliders (4'x4'), 7 casements (5'x2').

Alas, my first quote was the Andersen Renewal rep. Fairly higher, but lower than I thought it would be. Roughly 650/window installed.

While I dont mind spending money for an investment (and making my house a lot more comfortable), there was just too much lip service about Fibrex/Renewal that made it seem like they were trying to sneak something by me/us (luckily the wife is pregnant and about to pop, so the rep didnt really pressure her to be there....I did find it funny that the few minutes she was, he was talking at her and not even looking at me).

Anyway, my question is what other brands should I look at for a reliable, energy efficient, somewhat price-friendly window? I dont even mind spending 650/window, as long as I think/know it will last. Ive read about Shuco, Andersen, Certainteed, etc. but I just cant put my finger on any one. And there is an installer that I know and trust selling a local brand window (C and S Distributors in Windsor, CT). I dont like the sample per-say, but that doesnt mean the full fledged product isnt better.

Sorta frustrating, any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Chris