Vinyl-Lite Window

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TMFE

Vinyl-Lite Window

#1 Post by TMFE »

Hello,

I just received a quote from Vinyl-Lite Windows, which is a window company in Lorton, Virginia. The quote was for 13 windows using their "Dura-Weld Series 9000" double hung window. The window includes the following specs:
-1/8 glass
-Double pane
-Vinyl warm edge spacer (7/8 insulated glass)
-High performance Low E - (ClimaGuard - 11 coats of low e)
-Argon/Krypton gas filled (mix of argon and krypton gas is 1 to 16)
-Instalation includes: capping and wood repair and nova shield caulking
-U value of .25
-SHGC = .26
-Lifetime warranty - warranty on the glass breakage, condensation, glass seal failure, all parts and the warreanty is transferrable
Price = 7,071.41 for 13 windows
Are Vinyl Lite windows good quality?
Is the price for 13 windows too high or compariable?
Would you recommend this company?
Are there other companies you would recommend over Vinyl Lite? I live in the Woodbridge, Va area.

EcoStar Remodeling

Re: Vinyl-Lite Window

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Vinyl-Lite windows have gotten better over the years. I think it's a decent quality window now and one you will likely be satisfied with. I would at least get an estimate on a Sunrise, Okna, Gorell and/or Softlite before deciding.

TMFE

#3 Post by TMFE »

Thank you so much for your response and the additional information you provided about other window vendors. I have set up appointments with companies that sale Gorell and Softlite windows. So, I will check them out and do a comparison. Thank you for the information.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

One suggestion would be to look up a poster here named "Windows on Washington' and click on "Get a Quote" next to his name. Eric is one of the most well respected members of this board and carries many of the top brands. The guy really knows his stuff on windows.

You can find him in this thread for example:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5011

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Window4U (IL) wrote:One suggestion would be to look up a poster here named "Windows on Washington' and click on "Get a Quote" next to his name. Eric is one of the most well respected members of this board and carries many of the top brands. The guy really knows his stuff on windows.

You can find him in this thread for example:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5011
+1. I'd definitely talk to Windows on Washington if he serves your area.