Simonton windows prism vs vantage point series for home depo

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ajones

Simonton windows prism vs vantage point series for home depo

#1 Post by ajones »

I was hit with the hurrican and have narrowed by search to simonton windows one is the prism product line for reynolds/norandex the other is home depot 6100/6500 series.

Price for the prism is similar to the 6500 quote. Are the products similar just different distributors?

the only difference I see in the home depot 6100 vs 6500 is the 6500 has a liftime that expands to the next home owner for basic breaks and also is suppose to be stronger glass?

TheWindowNerd

Re: Simonton windows prism vs vantage point series for home depo

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

yep they are similar.
I would go with the professional supply yard.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Are you in a hurricane zone?

Check with the code for your area and laminated glass may be a worthwhile upgrade.

The StormBreaker series might also be a great upgrade if you are in a hurricane zone.

ajones

#4 Post by ajones »

what is Simonton Generations series windows i have looked and do not see that on the web site? I see various grades such as gold bronze etc... the quote does not specify ...

will furnish and install four (4) Simonton Generations Series single casement windows with double glass, Low-E/Argon glass, full fiberglass screens, and grids (if desired).
furnish and install seven (7) Simonton Generations Series double casement windows with double glass, Low-E/Argon glass, full fiberglass screens, and grids (if desired).
The windows will be White.
wrap the outside window casings with aluminum trim materials. The color is to be determined.
will repair or replace any rotted or damaged wood as needed.
will issue the Manufacturer’s Warranty upon completion.
cost of this project is $ 10,400.00.... basically for 18 casement windows but i do not see the term generations on the sampson windows page is that the prism and how do i know which one and compare to other sampson windows?

EcoStar Remodeling

#5 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

The Generations 6500, Prism Platinum and Reflections 5500 are all essentially the same window. I would suggest getting at least 1 or 2 more estimates.