Okna 700 series Casement windows vs. 40 - 50 mph winds

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Sweet Lew

Okna 700 series Casement windows vs. 40 - 50 mph winds

#1 Post by Sweet Lew »

Greetings All!

Chicago has been plagued with rain and high speed winds for the past couple of days (Typical late fall weather in The Chi). Last year, when this weather was around, I had old, rotted Kolbe\Kolbe casements in my front room with a light weight curtain covering them. The windows were so far gone, I could see the curtain blowing from the air passing right through the windows. So, this past Spring, I had Okna 700 series casements installed by Dave (Window4u) and his crew.

Fast forward to last night. The winds were peaking at around 50mph with driving rain. I watched the curtain during the storm. Didn't move at all. I also ran my hand past the windows. Not a lick of air was getting through.

Okna 1 - High Speed winds 0

I'm very happy with the product Okna makes and with Dave for his recommendation and excellent install. If anyone was in the market for replacement casement windows, I would highly recommend Okna. :D

My $0.02

Lew
Last edited by Sweet Lew on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheWindowNerd

Re: Okna 700 series Casement windows vs. 40 - 50 mph winds

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Thank you for sharing your experience with us all. That is a very good test of the product and the installation.
I am proud to see one of the good guys, Dave/Windows4U get the praise he has earned.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd echo anthony's comments... its nice to occasionally hear a success story, rather than all of the posts regretting the purchase of "cheapo" products, that wish they would have done more research the first time... Congrats on an excellent choice (on both accounts). :D

Sweet Lew

#4 Post by Sweet Lew »

HomeSealed wrote:I'd echo anthony's comments... its nice to occasionally hear a success story, rather than all of the posts regretting the purchase of "cheapo" products, that wish they would have done more research the first time... Congrats on an excellent choice (on both accounts). :D
I have to give props to this site and to all of the Pros on here for answering my questions. Dave was not on here during the time of my inquiry and all of you recommended him and Okna Windows.

I know this probably should of went into the Reviews section, but I figured more people would see it here. :)

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Good follow up.

With an air infiltration rate of 0.001 (it is either 0.001 or 0.003), that casement should be tight as a drum.