Milgard Tuscany Series

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
azterry

Milgard Tuscany Series

#1 Post by azterry »

I have 2 quotes for the Milgard Tuscany Series, 3D MAX, Argon filled. Lowe's quotes the 8170T at $8,000 for 15 windows and a private contractor quotes the 8120T at $9149.00 I can't find info on the Milgard website to see the differences between the 8120 and the 8170 (if there are any...) Please help - What would you do??

Windows on Washington

Re: Milgard Tuscany Series

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Get the CPD# from both window (you will have to call the rep) and compare the windows that way.

Which contractor did you like better?

utoo

#3 Post by utoo »

Same window different warranty. One is for new construction and one is for replacements.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

You should get a better project with the private contractor, but if you are not convinced of that then shame on him.

azterry

#5 Post by azterry »

Okay - now I am getting more confused. The Lowes proposal (cheaper one-$7,000) on the Tuscany 8170T series is because they install over the existing framework and add interior flat trim (thus no stucco repairs outside) but also includes 2 additional windows. The private contractor proposal ($8798) on the Tuscany 8120T series removes the old framework, includes drywall and stucco patching (but no painting) and no fins. I don't want to cheapout on the better solution and am totally relying on your advice. Which is the better way to install?

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Did the contractor say why he is proposing that the entire existing frame be removed? Generally it is a superior method, but can be cost prohibitive and in many cases an "insert" style install can be done just as effectively. If the existing frame is in poor shape or if there are any current water infiltration issues, the full tear out would be the way to go.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Stucco jumps are somewhat normal and can be done just as effectively.

Did the contractor proposing the frame removal have any other feedback on that rationale?