Update on our Alside vs Soft-lite vs Simonton decision

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
newbie in Mass

Update on our Alside vs Soft-lite vs Simonton decision

#1 Post by newbie in Mass »

Thanks to everyone for your input on my earlier email. My husband and I loved the Impressions 9800 but not the 18,000 price tag. Luckily, on a follow-up call with one of the contractors we were considering, he told us he could get the 9800 and quoted us 11,600 for for 22 triple glazed dh and a 3 light slider, all with super senor glass package. We were thrilled and signed the agreement last week.

Installation in about 6 weeks, will post on how it goes and how we feel about the final results.

Nancy

#2 Post by 010293 »

Anyone have any comments re: Alside (Preservation) windows??

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#3 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

I have a sample sitting about 5' from me, what would you like to know?

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#4 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Newbie in Mass, I used to sell Simonton, and always liked the co...excellent service if you needed it. When I sold them they told me they would never go to triple glaze, apparently they changed their mind and I was just curious about the #s. Did the dealer give you any?

newbie in Mass

Simonton info for Another Window Guy

#5 Post by newbie in Mass »

I just posted on how our install is going (not well - see the post if you'd like the gory details), and saw your question about the triple-glazed Simonton 9800. I'm talking these #'s directly from the sticker on one of the installed windows. U-factor .24, Solar heat gain coefficient .22, visible transmittance .34.

Given the horrrible service we've experienced from Simonton so far, I was surprised to see your comment about their excellent service. I wonder if our case is a fluke or if there have been fundamental changes in their company that have led to this...

Nancy

Bill

#6 Post by Bill »

"Given the horrrible service we've experienced from Simonton so far, I was surprised to see your comment about their excellent service. I wonder if our case is a fluke or if there have been fundamental changes in their company that have led to this.."

It sound’s like Simonton shorted you either the head expander or sill extender; if the windows are installed it could only be the sill extender. And this piece is easily snapped on from the outside.

This is a mistake by Simonton and this is a rare case and this can happen with any manufacturer that’s why as a distributor I have extra lengths of sill extender, expanders and screw packs so I can replace the missing items immediately.

You have stating that you have received horrible service from Simonton. I think most of the poor service has come from the installer with poor measurements and installation. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the installer communicated the wrong part to Simonton when re-ordering.

Ultimately it’s Simonton’s fault for not supplying the part in the first place and I would like to apologize for them but they are very good at correcting their mistakes.

I hope you fair well with resolving the install issues

Bill
Uneeda Window of NJ