Simonton windows - PLEASE help!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
blondelle

Simonton windows - PLEASE help!

#1 Post by blondelle »

According to the Simonton site in my area the only 'store' that sells the windows with their own installers is Windorama. The rest are building supply places that will sell you a window and provide an installer if you ask. If there's a problem, I don't have much recourse as the building supply store will tell me they only sell the window and the installer will blame it on the product.

Home Depot had the best price, but I thought they were giving me the 6500 and I see 6100 on contract. Could the 6500 really be $600 more on a 96 x 68, 4 c lite casement? They claim the 6100 will have the low -e and argon. Simonton confirmed it's an option and told me what to look for on the actual window.

I wish there were more stores to choose from. I don't know where to turn any more and found this site. The HD rep is so high pressure. Any help would be appreciated. Windorama also mentioned United.

Can someone recommend another option? I will be selling the house and I don't want to spend a whole lot as buyers might even tear the house down as they are doing on my block.

I either get places that never call me back after coming out, very high priced estimates or HD and their issues. The house is in Brooklyn, NY.

EcoStar Remodeling

Re: Simonton windows - PLEASE help!

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Why don't you try finding a contractor on Angies List or ask friends and co-workers for recommendations?

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Couple that effort with just expanding your product search and you should find a very good window and installer.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

You could also check the Installation Masters website.
You may not need that level of expertise but at least you will know that they care enough to get some valuable training.