Polaris valu smart v Okna 400 v Okna 500 or 800? Installed?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Xavieur

Polaris valu smart v Okna 400 v Okna 500 or 800? Installed?

#1 Post by Xavieur »

Any thoughts on real differences between these?

What's a good price to install per window, including Metal Finish removal and exterior trim capping-whatever those are? I was told about $170 per window.

ranger

Re: Polaris valu smart v Okna 400 v Okna 500 or 800? Installed?

#2 Post by ranger »

170 sounds rather cheap. It's gonna be higthat than that especially if it's done correctly.
It's impossible to give you a range because each install is different also some companies have higher overhead and actually carry insurance. Still, 170 is too cheap.
Your question is rather strange. A better question would be , is the company reputable? Do they install high quality windows or do they install the cheapest products available just so they cam getbthe job and have some extra bear money.
Okna 800 is probably the most energy efficient and well designed windows I've see.
The 500 is right behind the 800 and the 400 is right behind the 500. The 400 is still a good window by industry standards .
As for the Polaris value smart...that's not a bad window at all..it's not as solid as the Okna 400 but not bad. The Polaris value smart is priced around $400 where I am located with a good install. Polaris have the ultra buts that's going to much more.
Do yourself a favor..buy quality and hire a reputable company who doesn't cut corners. If you start looking for deals, trust me, you will be back on this board asking what went wrong. Do it once and do t right.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Its really impossible to say on that install price, as every company breaks costs down differently. Window installation companies figure their markup based on "installed cost" for the most part, so when one is asked to break down the cost of product and install, it can be arbitrary. One company might build all of his profit into the install cost, while another does into his product price, yet they both sell at the same price installed... Does that make sense? ...If that price is a true reflection it sounds pretty good.

ranger

#4 Post by ranger »

If he is a reputable company and only charging you 170 for just the installation per window, that's a very cheap price and you got the deal of a life time.

Xavieur

#5 Post by Xavieur »

$170 was based on a 10 window purchase at $440 per Okna 500, plus $30 for grids and $100 overall disposal fee. It does not include interior trim or repairing the sill or jam, another $75 if that is needed.

Also, let me through a comparison with Gorrell into the mix. They seem reputable and solid windows as well. I particularly like the Armor Glass but not sure what it costs yet.

ranger

#6 Post by ranger »

No matter how you slice it, that is very good pricing for the Okna window..since you mentioned it's a reputable company, you hit a home run. As for gorell, it's a good window but since he is giving you a choice, I would choose Okna based on performance. Armor glass is just laminated glass. Okna also has laminated if you request it.
Good luck, let us know how everything turns out.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

The Gorell window is very nice as well like ranger said, but it sounds like you have a great deal going there on the Okna's. I'd be inclined to go that direction in this case. If you insist on getting additional quotes, give weight to the install/installation company as well.

Xavieur

#8 Post by Xavieur »

Well that price was for the 500 series. Another 80 for 800. Not sure on laminated glass.

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

That wouldn't change may recommendation at all. 500 is an excellent window... The upgrade to the 800 is attractive though as well.