SoftLite Imperial LS DH, Triple pane LowE, Argon,SuperSpacer

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
micro

SoftLite Imperial LS DH, Triple pane LowE, Argon,SuperSpacer

#1 Post by micro »

Guys,

I have looked closely at this window and the Simonton 9800 Impressions and had them both quoted identically with the same specifications.

I have looked under the Window Reviews Section here at the forum and the SoftLite Imperial LS has really been just been maligned by those reviews. It actually is a bit unnerving because it is exactly opposite of what the PROS here say about the Imperial LS window.

The question really is, can those reviews be believed or are they an isolated case as opposed to the norm?

I am now a little concerned about purchasing several of these, although the dealer just lowered his price last week because I told him his competitor was several hundred dollars less for a comparable window quoted with the same glazing package.

He is now less than $100.00 different from the Simonton 9800 Impressions. My problems I am having with this dealer is one of basically unfinished weld seams on the sash of the salesman's sample window I was shown. I asked for assurance that my real window would not look like this and he cannot guarantee nor assure me of that.
I called Simonton and asked about it and they gave me the areas Sales Manager and said to call him and tell him about it and he would get both a new salesman's sample as well as a full size 9800 to look at.

I called his number 2 hours ago and left a message and so far have not heard back. Communication seems to be something that is not a strong suit of my dealings with the local Simonton team.

I was about all set to go ahead and contract with the SoftLite dealer this week until I read those reviews and am having second thoughts.

I would LOVE to SPEAK with ANY of you pros regarding the SoftLite window on the phone if that is possible.

Email is: mib608@gmail.com

Please help.
Many thanks,

micro...

Windows on Washington

Re: SoftLite Imperial LS DH, Triple pane LowE, Argon,SuperSpacer

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Not sure what the complaints were but the Imperial LS is a solid performing window.

Skydawggy

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

Windows on Washington wrote:Not sure what the complaints were but the Imperial LS is a solid performing window.
+1

The LS is a solid window. Name any product and someone will have something negative to say about it. Whether it's true or not, this is, after all, the internet.

micro

#4 Post by micro »

Thank you professionals for responding to my question.

The Imperial LS looks good and solid and the numbers for it are very good, especially in the triple glazed configuration with SuperSpacer, Argon, and Low E, and 1 inch width.

I just needed some assurance that as you pointed ot, there will always be a few cases where things don't quite right but that in the vast majority of cases this window has excellent installation characteristics by a good installer and it performs.

Thank you to the Professional as well for emailing me and for taking his valuable time to talk with me. That was so much appreciated.

My wife and I signed a contract last evening to have these windows ordered and installed in about six weeks the contractor said.

We are looking forward to it and when we have them in, I will post my experience.

This forum is wonderful and I only wish that one of you would have been in my area, greater Cincinnati.

Thanks so much for all the information you provide and great counsel.

My best to all,

micro...

hootie

#5 Post by hootie »

Micro, this is excatly the window I am looking at. How did they turn out?