Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quote check
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:36 pm 

Got 39 windows, removing aluminum single pane on frame house, to install Simonton Prism Platinum, two quotes, one for 27K, one for 31K. (guess I know which one to go with there after meeting installers);
Silver Line Series 2700 with LoE2/Argon, 20,384.

Sound right? Big differences in quality?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:45 pm 

I'll be down next week and give you abetter Silverline window for$19,000. The series their quoting you from Silverline is so far down the ladder of quality it's not worth replacing them. Silverline makes a series called the 8500. welded frame and sash total unit u .32 DP 45 air infiltration test .14 and for the money not real bad, but a lot more quality than the series they quoted you. If you have questions about the different series of Silverline windows and their quality go into Home Depot and take a look. There on the shelves there.
I sell the Silverline 8500 any size up to 101 united inches with low-e & argon for $319.00 installed, but with your job there are extra's, which should add about a hundred a window. This however is just a guess a job has to be seen to quote accurately. I definitely would get on the phone and get a few more est's