Schuco quality control

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
harpo

Schuco quality control

#1 Post by harpo »

hey all you schuco guys out there. Have you noticed a drop in quality control on schuco double hungs and sliders lately? you know, locks not meeting, missing parts, air leaks, bowing frames, etc. If so, what kind of story do you get from Schuco.

The U Factor

#2 Post by The U Factor »

why do you ask? Are you a dealer or a customer? Just wondering

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I haven't had any problems at all since last fall, where I had some items missing on some orders. It was mostly a matter of someone not getting the stuff all loaded on the truck. My last dozen or so truckloads have been fabulous.

As far as air leakage, I've never had a leaky Schuco window. If someone does, I would have to say it's probably not installed properly. I've never seen a bowed Schuco before either, so I don't really understand where your questions are coming from.

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#4 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Schuco like any other mfrg has quality control problems from time to time but what is important is how quickly they resolve them. One of their weak links is a number of there dealers are spoiling the pudding. You know go in and beat the customer up and worry about the rest later. They well eventually get rid of the bad apples but what I see is their sucess is their failure. Longer lead times more shifts to handle the business-new employees more training-in other words typical growing pains. But you are right the quality control has gone down a notch and I know a Schuco dealer who has had his share of minor complaints. True there little things but you all know if not handled quickly what they become. I'm not a Schuco dealer and I sell against them and it's hard because they are a super window, in fact I wish I could have the franchise their hard to beat.