Simonton 9800 vs. soft-lite Pro and LS

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
clamwc

Re: Simonton 9800 vs. soft-lite Pro and LS

#16 Post by clamwc »

masterext - thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in my first post the only dealer in the KC area only sells the Imperial and the Barrington. I'm interested in the Pro or the Classic. Soft-lite only lists dealers on its website. How do you go about finding local installers and/or supply houses that carry/sell/install the Pro/Classic line? I'm in Kansas City if it matters. Thanks

Windows on Washington

#17 Post by Windows on Washington »

Why do you want the Pro or Classic?

I would ask the contractor that sells the Barrington if he can sell the Bainbridge, or better yet, Imperial LS. Both of those options are superior to the Pro or Classic.

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd agree that the LS would be the superior choice. The Pro and classic should be easy to find as they are the "supply-house" offering from Softlite. The Elements, LS, Bainbridge, and Barrington are all dealer direct.

clamwc

#19 Post by clamwc »

Windows on Washington - I have a knowledgeable contractor whom I trust that's done all the work on my house and I'd like him to do the install (yes, he's installed windows previously so this won't be his first rodeo). I'm hoping to find Softlite Pro/Classic windows that either he or I can purchase locally.

HomeSealed - thanks for the info. I'll call around locally and see what I can find.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#20 Post by Window4U (IL) »

clamwc wrote:masterext - thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in my first post the only dealer in the KC area only sells the Imperial and the Barrington. I'm interested in the Pro or the Classic. Soft-lite only lists dealers on its website. How do you go about finding local installers and/or supply houses that carry/sell/install the Pro/Classic line? I'm in Kansas City if it matters. Thanks
The second company listed on the Softlite website (Dillon) says they also sell windows without installation. They also have Sunrise Windows and a few others.
If that doesn't work out, do a google search for "siding supply" and you will get a list of companies that sell many brands of windows wholesale.

Delaware Mike

#21 Post by Delaware Mike »

The Soft-Lite "Classic" is a stripped Pro that is typically used as a drop window for some of us LS and Elements dealers to offer as a option for those with extremely low budgets and limited resources. The Pro is supposed to be the next model down from the LS in terms of DP strength and performance as it comes glazed standard with Super Spacer, meeting rail reinforcement, and low-expansion foam filling.

The Bainbridge would be next in line, then finally the Barrington at the bottom.

toddinmn

#22 Post by toddinmn »

The Barrington and bainbridge are available to contractors in these here parts.
The Pro and Classic are top offerings to dealers that don't/can't carry the LS or Elements and the Barrington is the drop window.